What Motivates You

M

Melodix

Money$$$$$$$$$$ There is alot of Money to Be Made in This Industry

I also am motivated when I hear a Hot Beat and I didnt make it. That really gets me goin. I show mad love to the person who made it, but ill feed off that to make somthing way hotter

B

Burna

1. What motivates you?
My motivation is my kids, my 8yr old looks at me like im a beat creating god, every wack ass beat i create hes hurd and "congradualted" me on how nice it was. Even tho, i know it was shit. He and my Wife have been my number-uno inspiration. That and my desire to learn and master somthing new, and to think that just MAYBE, one day i might be as good as 1/2 the people on this forum.

2. Do you have role models/people you look up to?
Beat wise: Timberland, Disturbing The Peace, Dre, RZA, and Lil' Jon.
True Inspiration: KRS-1, Spice-1, NWA, Wu-Tang, Kayne West, Nas, and Jay-z.

Livin' up tha E-coast vibe, ya feeeeeeeeeeel me.

- The.Prisoner.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
1. What motivates you?

The power i hear in other hip hop beats makes me want to make my own. Its hard to explain but i just love it when a beat sounds like it was meant to be made. Also the energy in the drums and the way a tight MC flows over a beat.

2. Do you have role models/people you look up to?

2pac, production wise people like Preemo, Just Blaze, Neptunes, Hi-Tek, Heatmakerz etc..

B

Burna

Rhythmikal said:
1. What motivates you?
The power i hear in other hip hop beats makes me want to make my own. Its hard to explain but i just love it when a beat sounds like it was meant to be made. Also the energy in the drums and the way a tight MC flows over a beat.

Nah, i get chu homie. That's how i feel. and as you said bruh, shit is hard to explain.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Spen Zilla said:
1. What motivates you?
For awhile my motivation was just to make it and be able to eat off of music, but to be motivated off being successful is a bad thing, because it's self-destructing every minute you spend that you are not reaching this idea of success.

Damn cuttin, you hit the nail on the head with this one. I've been just reading this forum for the last 3 days at work being non-productive feeling like I've hit the wall. I've been rappin and in love with music since the 7th grade. I'm 28 now and the idea of being "successful" in the music "business" has really drained me. I have kind of accomplished a few milestones that I'm proud of, but never reached the degree of success I've strived for. But still this music is therapy for me, my #1 love, and will always do it for that reason. I've missed out enjoying a lot in my life by strapping down, being ambitious, and going all out. Missed out on family, friends and other things. I think its time I change it up, relax a little more, and enjoy life man. I thought that I wouldn't be happy doing anything but music for a living, but shit, all I've ever done is music. I'm still shooting for my goal, but, I just think I'm not going to be as hard on myself to hurry up and make it. ENJOY YOUR LIFE!!! People like us who genuinely luv this shit are gettin passed on for cats who got dope money to start their own label and a story to sell. I can't knock the hustle for these other cats that are gettin on like this, cuz I've even succumbed to this route and did what I had to do to run my label, legit or ILLlegit. In the wordz of Nasir, LIVE LIFE!!! If I'm destined for greatness, music or otherwise, my hard will pay off. real shit-

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think perfecting my artform to a level not expected an having the abiliy to live a career making killer beats an mc'in on then an forming a network so that I could have more than one option of people with specialized skills to work and choose from on specific songs themes. I want to work hard to sharpen my talen and then work with people as talented as me while hoping to find someone that amazes me to continue getting even better. I want to die in a busy life at 80 sorta like frank lloyd wright

1st Official

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
I'm motivated anytime someone records a song to one of my beats. Its one thing to just vibe to my beats but actually hearing a completed track is....it makes me want to make new shit.

I don't have any role models...but certain producers inspire me...Like Just Blaze, and Illmind.