What is Your favorite Instrument?

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
whats instrument is your favorite as in the one you can work the best (when it comes to makin beats) and do you find yourself usin that instrument in alot of your beats? mine is brass. i know if im usin brass then im comin up with a tite beat regardless...thats why i try not to use it alot, or is it better to use what you are good at usiin alot? i think you should use them in moderation and try to get good with other instruments, so when its time to make that banger you just use your favorite instrument and there it is.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I too like strings but bass guitar runs a close second. JP Strings, Violins and piano add a bit of class while bass guitar lines give it a little funk.

--dac

E

Equality 7-2521

i like the sound of brass the best but i think i use all instruments just as well as each other in a beat......i think.......dunno....need a bit more experiance.......and more samples.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Bigfatheadmole
i like PLAYING the guitar and piano. i use synths a lot in my beats but i like the horns and strings

yea i need a guitar and ill be strait. then id really make some hot guitar tracks

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I play all instruments cause I can make A tune out of almost any sound.''(Almost)''

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I like all my instruments, when it comes to which is the most practical it would probably be the soundtracs topaz project8 mixing console or the mpc. But since Im not working with all-in-one-magical-toys anything I use is practical and good, hence the reason I bought it. By preference, the ATC-1 is perfect for analogue basslines and weird shit, the virus Kb for pads n sequences and the drumstation for the perfect 808/909. The Kawai F100 is my favorite vintage monosynth and the dbx166l is my comp/lim/gate. I can go on actualy, I love all my gear lol!

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
PIANO! nuttin beatz da piano. if u can play this, equiped wit a gd keyboard, u can play sounds from ne instrument n sound as if u were actually playin em.

Sadly that doesn't count for guitar, which is one of my favourites. Other favourites are synths and plucked instruments.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
rhodes piano and guitar for me, very soulful, and of course electric bass but i can play it so i just use those nice smooth sub basses

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
ey conpenhegan, ive heard live demos of da tyros yamaha keyboard n da pa korg series keyboards, da guitar sound on there is simply amazin. i saw da dude play a solo, it was heavy, he was playin roun wit da pitch wheel 2 do da slides n dat

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
I don't know if is bein' answered . But my instrument is tha Drum in which I play, live. As for a sound I use in a beat will haveto be tha bass. I surf around for other sounds but I use tha same bass on every record. I don't know why cuz I have tonz of them.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
ey conpenhegan, ive heard live demos of da tyros yamaha keyboard n da pa korg series keyboards, da guitar sound on there is simply amazin. i saw da dude play a solo, it was heavy, he was playin roun wit da pitch wheel 2 do da slides n dat

I hear you Afrique, I just still don't think that it sounds 100% like a guitar, I've seen people play with the Korg series too ;) I guess it's a matter of opinion and I'm sure the listener can't tell the difference anyway, unless the listener is a guitarplayer...

members online