What is the best production software???

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
your brain is the best hip hop software you can find. just download the demos to the ones yuo are interested in, figure out which one you feel more comfortable with and go from there .

also, so a search on fruity loops and reason both.

reality is, there IS NO BEST, there are only the programs YOU WORK BEST WITH.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
reality is, there IS NO BEST, there are only the programs YOU WORK BEST WITH.

Word. I've always made my beats with Mod Plug Tracker... I like it cuz it atleast looks simple, even if it isn't simple to use. When I tried fruity I almost got insaine cuz of the million colors on my monitor =)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
iM BiASED ToWARDS FRUiTY LoOPS STUDiO.CiTY

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
GueVara Teach me how 2 use Fruity Loops Like you Yo i wasted fuckin $50.00 on some shitty Tutorial and i Still Cant figure out how 2 Use it properly with Samples

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man you cant teach taht..... you have to just put in work man. another man cant give yuo your skills. basic shit is ALWAYS THE SAME- sequencing, taht is. eveyrthing else is up to you.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
CampO said:
GueVara Teach me how 2 use Fruity Loops Like you Yo i wasted fuckin $50.00 on some shitty Tutorial and i Still Cant figure out how 2 Use it properly with Samples

Thats the utlimate production taboo. U gotta learn on ur own.

Its cool if u have specfic questions about something but not like that.

class...

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
lol maybe i shouldint of said it like dat wat i really wanted was to see 1 of his FLP files or Any1 else for that matter that feels they on Guevara's level that uses Floops so I can look at how its all layed out because the Flp hiphop files that come with fruity are really basic and I cant really look at them and Analyze things or figure anything out from them . So any1 willing to help ? If you wanna help me out a bit i'd appreciate it alot Just PM me

Peace

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
mercurywaters said:
fuck all that. "hip hop record producer" is that shit. just ask doug e fresh

damn i was gonna say those exact words...

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
inspectah wu said:
yes if there was no flstudio 4,reason would be the best. ;)

No u mean it the other way around. Lol .

But seriously not to start another reason vs. Fl debate. But the 1 main reason I take reason over fl is not the sound quality, sounds etc..... Its the INTERFACE . The way reason lets u hook up virtual gear in the way u realy hook up real life gear. (And I've worked in studios learrnin to hook up all kinds of gear. Midi and audio etc..)

Any 1 usin reason dat never used real hardware will know how to use hardware after mastering reason. IMHO.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hmmm, that reverse psychology actualy. I think if you're just startin out on a pc its more confusing to learn and gain result simply because its not as hands-on as the real thing. I was rocking in 10 mintues the first time I touched it and completly disassembled the initial setup. Interface was easy because I rock dem cubases long time on hardware, all issues are really the same on platforms. It's based on hardware experience which results in simply not needing the manual, you have a glance at the program and just know how to handle. I had the same thing with FL because I'd been on FT2 since a kid. To me it's almost the same but with better voice utilities and vst/dx support.

Take this in consideration, everybody has a pc of somekind meaning anyone by now can be a producer, but are in most cases not as eager/proactive to learn than someone who bought and spend money on, let say, a mpc. I also think the mpc user will advance his knowledge on all aspects od audio/midi in a much shorter timespan, because he pretty much depends on hardware and it's capabilities cuz it's the only way to get the best out of your studio. Most Reason users see the program as all you need in your setup, to which I believe is a mistaken given fact. If you dont want to spend some serious money you wont grow the knowledge. Logicaly because all the pc user at first are under the impression that you can get result fast the cheap way...Most experienced user by now know it takes more to it, the sooner you realise that the better.

I mean, a 9978628235 other products can't all be wrong and the more money you spend on a product the better it is, that's the rule. Take them Focusrite Red series, nobody can or will explain what they do. The user/owner just doesn't care simply because anything fed though the red series just sounds really, really good.

Really......

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
CampO said:
lol maybe i shouldint of said it like dat wat i really wanted was to see 1 of his FLP files or Any1 else for that matter that feels they on Guevara's level that uses Floops so I can look at how its all layed out because the Flp hiphop files that come with fruity are really basic and I cant really look at them and Analyze things or figure anything out from them . So any1 willing to help ? If you wanna help me out a bit i'd appreciate it alot Just PM me

Peace

DAMN, To TELL YoU THE TRUTH, i NEVER READ THE MANUAL MYSELF, i KiNDA JUST FiGURED iT oUT MYSELF.THERES SHiT THAT iM STiLL LEARNiNG NoW, BUT MosT oF THE SHiT THAT i KNow HonESTLY CoMES FroM ME JUST BEiNG in HERE AND READiNG DiFFERENT THREADS.i WoULD PoST oNE of MY FL FiLES FoR ANYBoDY WHo WANTS To SEE.
MY SHiT iS So SiMPLiSTiC YALL WoULD PRoBABLY LAUGH.
iM THE LAST oNE To ASK ABoUT TECHNiCAL SHiT, ASK TRUTH oR HoPPA oR AFRiQUE.
CUZ i KNoW NoTHiNG ComPARED To THEM DUDES.
iM STiLL TRYiN To GET on THEY LEVEL.iM JUST USED To WoRKiNG WiTH NoTHiN.
BUT i FoRGoT HoW To CoPY THE FULL SCREEN So SomEBoDY LET ME KNoW HoW THAT HAPPENS AND iLL PoST A FiLE.
CiTY

members online