What I Need?

T

Tuff Soulja

What do I need to start producing and recording(like making CD's)? Please give me a list of what I would need to put together a quality CD. Thnx

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Tuff Soulja said:
What do I need to start producing and recording(like making CD's)? Please give me a list of what I would need to put together a quality CD. Thnx

1. A keyboard
2. The ability to use a forum search engine
3. The understanding that what you need depends on what you are trying to accomplish
4. The understanding that many different approaches have been discussed in many different threads
5. The understanding that there is no one "right" approach
6. The understanding that you have to do the work, no one can do it for you because no one's particular solution will necessarily work for your needs

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Well said unknown

And to add

You need talent and patients.

Search the forums. There is lots of info out there. But u need to figure out what type of producer your gonna be first(sampler or compser or both etc...) and the equimnet you buy will aid in your style.

Also you will find that you have to be way more specific with your questions. Open ended newb questions dont do well here.

class...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
the most important thing to elaborate on classics statement, is time and patience .. you pretty much gotta lock urself up with ur equipment and just try diffrent things and figure out what works for you .. i would start out with sum bootleg software jus to get started and see if enjoy producing

T

Tuff Soulja

O.K. definatly... I am going to start looking at the stores and read a few books on the subject. When I start decididing what i wanna get will you mind if i ppost it and yall help me out.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Tuff Soulja said:
O.K. definatly... I am going to start looking at the stores and read a few books on the subject. When I start decididing what i wanna get will you mind if i ppost it and yall help me out.

Everyone here is always willing to help, but you can also just learn a lot by reading old threads and following people's favorite links. Check out the sticky with Wing's favorite links at the top of the Lab.