What happens when you release an "artistic" album from a great rapper?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
You sell 40,000 units. That's it.

Sucks because I love it. Great creativity and artistic expression. I guess the kids like the EDM beat instead of real hip-hop.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
God i dont care, these same kids dont listen to mf doom either. Its just another confirmation that yeah, indeed, shit is retarded. That kanye trash gets more credit...

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
That first track came on fuckin ridiculous. shit is dope

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I thought this album sucked honestly, I was mad let down.

The whole story-album concept has been done and done again, and most of them suck. Prince Paul is the only one that got it off. And honestly after him.... just stop it. Nobody gives a fuck about your movie album concept. Just rap and stop trying to be cooler than you are.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I have to agree with @Cleverwon I thought that the concept was good and I love the album cover! But the only one I liked was Prince Paul's, that shit was really really really dope.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Yea man. A music theme works throughout a movie, but when you have the same theme recurring on an album, it's repetitive and very annoying. The album cover sold me on this shit, I copped the tee to. Huge disappointment.

Looking forward to the ghost x doom album.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Thought it was pretty decent....loved the concept...I already sampled a record from that album....like two months ago....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shame...40,000 units ain't shit.....

I'm sure it went platinum on torrent sites, though.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
lol

members online