What Do you Think of Canadian Hiphop ???

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
http://www.megacityhiphop.com/audio.htm

Ive seen a few threads popup in the Last Couple Days about Canadian Hiphop but no one has actually provided anyone with a Source too Check any out and Make up there minds on what they think of the Scene .

So Ive provided a Source Its mostly Toronto Rappers but after all Toronto is the only city that actually matters in Canada lol j.k

anyways I think we Got a Pretty Good Scene When it comes to Versatility we have Just about every style comin out of Toronto

A few Artist too Check out on the Page that im Familar with and a good starting point would be.

Choclair (commercial ish), Citizen Kane (grimey ish), Ghetto Concept (comm/grimey), Kardinal Offishall (reagge/eastcoast) , Point Blank (Grimey ish), Rochester (Comm)

Other Mentions Brass Monk, Grass Roots , Saukrates 2 many more 2 name so etc...

http://www.megacityhiphop.com/audio.htm

Ezz

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
hey, i respect you thoughts on those artists but being from Vancouver, i heard of most of those artists but I think truely you forgot the biggest artist in Canada; K-os one of the most versile Mc's/vocalists around if not the best. I never heard a rapper who can sing better and i saw him live, plus his band is off the hook. K-os (something for everybody-ish)

Please check out joyfull rebellion, for sure album of the year for hip hop to me

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I never heard any canadian rap....if i did then i juss dont knoe about it sorry guy

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
monumental said:
hey, i respect you thoughts on those artists but being from Vancouver, i heard of most of those artists but I think truely you forgot the biggest artist in Canada; K-os one of the most versile Mc's/vocalists around if not the best. I never heard a rapper who can sing better and i saw him live, plus his band is off the hook. K-os (something for everybody-ish)

Please check out joyfull rebellion, for sure album of the year for hip hop to me

Ya I no about K-os and all I just didint Include him cuz He wasint on the site and there would be no source too his music

Sahota

ill o.g.
I think Kardi reps Tdot just as much as he does jamaica and west indies, listen to Bakardi Slang

B

Burna

I never actually listened to UK hip-hop, but ie heard some nice ass reviews about them. and 1 thing thats hilairious is that "Rochester" is a city in NY thats 25mins from me.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
for Quebec's Hiphop scene...

http://www.hhqc.com/

I said it in another thread, so I wont repeat myself, but

that nigga Ghostface is representing his latin roots
Noreaga made a reggaeton song
Fat Joe is representong the boriquas
Busta Rhymes is representing Jamaica too...
Wyclef... well, everyone knows he's haitian

Dont they represent their block too? Yeah they do, but they are proud of their heritage and they show it. I dont see why you cant do both when you're canadian?

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
i dont know to much about rappers in canada, the ones ive heard have been wack.

ya thats why i provided a link to audio of mutiple artist I duno if you or anyone else bothered to check it out though cuz there is alot more Rappers on that List then Kardi and yall havent gave an Opinion on any others yet.