What do you like about IllMuzik?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
But fo'real. This is a space for hip hop beatmakers where you can find help if you don't behave like an absolute jerk (thinking bout the greatest rapper ever). Also there is the showcase section to get feedback plus all the ill battles and all the other knowledge that you can find in the forum section. Sounds like a pretty dope package to me.
Yeah that's how I see it. IllMuzik is a "safe space" (even though I don't like that term for ILL), but it is. It's not like any places such as Facebook groups or sub-Reddits, etc. In other words, it's a community and you can act like a goof if you want because we're all goofs on here.

Animated GIF

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I like the drama and battles. If there were room for improvement, I'd say there needs some more feedback-loops like this where feedback is actually implemented. I know technology upgrades can cost (time and money) and sometimes be risky but there is low-hanging fruit that you could be missing by not implementing user feedback if possible. Innovation could be a huge key success factor if trying to grow. Maybe also look to get into viral marketing for the platform and look for additional revenue streams (probably a lot of this has already been explored).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I like the drama and battles.
LOL. So we'll just keep doing the same 'ol same 'ol.

Yeah I've checked out a lot of stuff over the years, it's VERY tricky. I'm always looking at different ways to market or bring in various revenue streams. It's very difficult when it comes to a nice like this, but it's a nice challenge.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
LOL. So we'll just keep doing the same 'ol same 'ol.

Yeah I've checked out a lot of stuff over the years, it's VERY tricky. I'm always looking at different ways to market or bring in various revenue streams. It's very difficult when it comes to a nice like this, but it's a nice challenge.

I figured you had...I am currently pursuing a Masters degree from University of Maryland College Park (in Technology Entrepreneurship) and they are very big on innovation and customer interviews (feedback loops). I have run some small ventures over the years so I understand the grind. Especially as a solopreneur with a small team at times. One of the key things to also consider is whatever changes you make, you just want to be able to measure the effects of those changes. Don't be afraid to take calculated risks and A/B test the hell out of things.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I figured you had...I am currently pursuing a Masters degree from University of Maryland College Park (in Technology Entrepreneurship) and they are very big on innovation and customer interviews (feedback loops). I have run some small ventures over the years so I understand the grind. Especially as a solopreneur with a small team at times. One of the key things to also consider is whatever changes you make, you just want to be able to measure the effects of those changes. Don't be afraid to take calculated risks and A/B test the hell out of things.
Yeah A/B test are great, although I don't implement them as much as I should, but just viewing stats alone really helps. The main thing I prefer is actual feedback from people though, but on here that's a small group.

Illmuzik shaped and still shapes my sound, I love the challenge of the battles and the showcase is pretty much how I get my few listens, my online networking game is weak as fuck. I stick around to pass valuable information onto people I think may need it, and because Ive become that cobweb covered crusty old guy who sits in the chair in the dark corner smoking weed.

members online