What do you like about IllMuzik?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade love that the ILL is a private community on some best kept secret shit. Keep it that way.

I love all y’all MF’s. Especially @Iron Keys and @2GooD Productions

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
OGbimbams really pushing for that 3some right now. What you saying, @2GooD Productions ?

Give her an inch each per beat she uploads?
throw up team america GIF

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I'd like to know what you guys like about IllMuzik.

(If I don't like the answers I'll shut everything down.)

Discuss.

I'm here for the beat battles, that's what I really like about the ill.

I have to say that I like BT the most, especially with a theme, genre or assignment and without acapella's. I like the approach of doing some research, hunting for the right samples to make something that's not 'standard'. I think thats where creativity and musicality really sparks. (We've got enough Dre and Dilla copycats already.)
I hope in the future there will be more BT with interesting themes. Something like making use of a really weird sound or a specific instrument.
For example I hosted a battle on another forum, where everybody had to sample at least 3 of the birds from the video below:

People came up with really cool shit and it all sounded different from the beats/music we usually listen to.

A BT with acapella's I like the least, because it shifts the focus away from the beat itself. Also the people bringing their own aca's generally don't get the love they deserve for the amount of effort put in.

Last edited:

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
@Kane the MOD If you want a safe space there is always the closet and stay off the internet. It was just a joke, distasteful yes, but just a joke.

"Keep OGbimbams name out of your damn mouth"
My wife finds me in the closet so it is not a safe space by any means.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I like that it is a safe space for women where they don't have to read gross comments from fellow beatmakers.... oh never mind
@Kane the MOD If you want a safe space there is always the closet and stay off the internet. It was just a joke, distasteful yes, but just a joke.

"Keep OGbimbams name out of your damn mouth"

can't tell if this is just satire or what, but I'll answer with some clarification and more satire...

the joke was part of an ongoing one ogbamalam contributed to herself, and quite prolific at flirting on here. So it's all love.

lastly, to be considered a 'fellow beatmaker' she gotta start making some damn beats!!!

Kane the MOD

can't tell if this is just satire or what, but I'll answer with some clarification and more satire...

the joke was part of an ongoing one ogbamalam contributed to herself, and quite prolific at flirting on here. So it's all love.

lastly, to be considered a 'fellow beatmaker' she gotta start making some damn beats!!!
Sorry man, I am just playing

Kane the MOD

But fo'real. This is a space for hip hop beatmakers where you can find help if you don't behave like an absolute jerk (thinking bout the greatest rapper ever). Also there is the showcase section to get feedback plus all the ill battles and all the other knowledge that you can find in the forum section. Sounds like a pretty dope package to me.

members online