what do you do?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
what does everybody do for a living? do any of you guys have careers or just jobs? does it help you with this music stuff? if so, how?

Me personally, I am an RN working in surgery. It is my career. It doesnt really help with the music side of things but we do have some surgeons who have acquaintances with industry people. Never really got into it with them on that tip though.

this is just out of curiousity

peace

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
I deliver furniture, and it helps my music by allowing me to have money to spend on things I need to make the music I love. It also buys the copius quantities of mary jane that is used to fuel the musical productions.

tight!! speaking of mary jane. i was shocked to find out, when i started working in surgery, that a shit load of surgeons toke up before cutting. made me nervous at first but they say it calms them when they're in a rut. so far no fuckups

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Thats crazy man, some how im not surprised people smoke before they cut u up tho!? lol.

As for myself, im currently still on the grind tryin to find a legitimate job preferably in Graphics but times are ruff right now. My only source of income at the moment are the independent jobs I pull doing logos and stuff for people which is very off and on. Sometimes Im busy as hell, other times im broke for months on end. And in regards to my musical endevours, i dont make enough to upgrade my basic setup until i start pulling some real dough in, but i have a wishlist a mile long.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
tight!! speaking of mary jane. i was shocked to find out, when i started working in surgery, that a shit load of surgeons toke up before cutting. made me nervous at first but they say it calms them when they're in a rut. so far no fuckups

Because they know what the deal is... weed is just weed... hardly counts as drug, when salvia is legal and fucks up peoples brains from what i've seen

I know 2 surgeons and i've blazed at their pad zillllions of times.. they know that there are worse things than marijuana (alcohol, ciggarettes, television perhaps?).

I would be kinda scared tho if my surgeon came in baked as fuck... cuz there is that chance that he'll:
1. pass out mid-operation
2. get the munchies and eat my organs..

i dont know, i'm not a doctor.

speaking of which, i do graphic design full time from home, and i go to cal state dominguez hills

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
On the real I work in a courtroom , I get domestic violence paperwork together and bring it to the court, then call roll tell everyone this aint judge judy, then my judge comes in and I tell them what to do ,lol, and zone out on ill, then I make copies of w/e happened and work with law enforcement to coordinate delivery of said paperwork.
Oh yeah, I would be the dude who says put your left hand on the bible and raise your right, then listen to you lie.
I used to do what 2good does now.

Oh and I produce hiphop and R&B if anyone needs some tracks.

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
just graduated college in December. Trying to find a job as an engineer right now.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I'm an assistant manager at Walgreens. Been there for 8 years now, so I guess it's a career...not by choice though.lol.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I dont really think most are by choice.
lol... i hear that. I started off on the register, then went to photo, then became a manager after about 4 years. I keep telling myself that I am going to quit, but the money is good..and I dropped out of high school to work here because of family hardship...and well...now i'm here. I have the opportunity to move up and become a store manager, but I keep putting it off because I got it in my head that I'm going to escape..... I should just give in and go for it but I don't know. Once I do that I know i'm stuck for life.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I feel u and can relate to what your saying, my last job was just like that. In the end however, its still totally up to you to make a change in your life and ultimately nothings stopping you, its just that its easy to get comfortable once things are feeling secure.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Good point Shonsteez... I think the prospects of finding a good job are a little more difficult now, but, if you are motivated, nothing can stop you from finding something different...

Oh ya... I teach English to Korean students over the phone. I work from home, and it's not as good as it sounds. Still, it can be interesting at times... but I'm always looking for a new job.

On the side, I sell records and video games for extra cash to pay bills so I can add to my savings at the end of the month... gotta prepare for those rainy days.