what do people use to change the sound of a sample in FL and how do you rid of static

G

Gram

what do people use to change the sound of a sample and how do you rid of static.

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
You can always hide certain thing on a sample by using the Parametric EQ to bring down certain Frequencies. Another trick is to use a Fruity free filter.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
what do people use to change the sound of a sample and how do you rid of static.

I would use a program other than FL to clean up your sample. Something like Sound Forge 8 or wave lab. If you have vinyl pops and static you might want to use a noise gate on it and slightly adjust the mid to high frequencies like Font stated. If you got extreme static and pops there is not much you can do about it other than finding a better souce for the sample. Check to see if it's been remastered digitally or get a better vinyl copy.

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Cool Edit has always had one of the best click and pop remover plugs. I use it daily.

also, the wavs plugs have the noise removal plug that helps

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^^ true, I like to keep my shit as grimy as they come..

but when you are fucking with thriftstore records and every sample in your shit is snap/crackle/pop, then you got to clean some of it up.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
the natural sound of vinyl is cool to a certain extent but you have to realize that if you are shopping the track or if you release it professionally, when it goes to mastering that static and poping will be subpar. It sounds cool on your home system if not mastered but when the level is raised it's optimized to professional standards it just won't sound to hot. Do you hear anything play'd on the radio or in clubs with mad static and pops? I don't think so. If you're doing it to peddle around the hood it's cool though.

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I usually edit and chop up samples in soundfordge or other tools. before I place them in FL I can mono it then re split the signal. Also i can run it through effects and play with the EQ

richwny15

ill o.g.
Im the same way. I like using the sample anyway i load it on FL. Just be creative and work around the sample. You can try changing the pitch on a sample or use wut i like to use the equ.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Use a notch filter and boost and sweep through the frequencies until what ever sound your trying to cut out becomes highly evident once u find that freq, cut it out at the at a q slightly wider than the notch thats what id, but usually i like the sample just a tad bit dirty feel me

P

PRohDusah

im an audition man myself i hate messing with plug-ins in sound forge. i just find it mundane having to add plug-ins to the favorites. i go through about 100 plugs everyday. as far as noise have you tried soundsoap?