What DAW are you using?

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I'm using Bitwig but some of the upcoming features on Live 12 might have me switch again.

Music Video Soul GIF by NOWNESS

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
GarageBand iOS & MPC Beats/MPC 2 software

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I'm using Bitwig but some of the upcoming features on Live 12 might have me switch again.

Music Video Soul GIF by NOWNESS
I was going to buy live 11 discounted with free upgrade to 12. Didn't in the end. Wondering maybe I should have. I had also just bought my Studio One upgrade.

I only really want live for clip launch. And maybe the sampler... but you only get simpler in live.

Reactions: VVS

VVS

Banned
FL Studio, Cubase, Reason and MPC software.

I used Reason heavy back in days. Reason is truly the only DAW i've seen that has pretty much every virtual instrument I would want out of the box. Only downside is the steep $500 price for version 12. I also don't care for Subscriptions, I only buy perpetual licenses.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Maschine software & Logic Pro

Maschine:
  • Sampling & Chopping
  • Playing Pads
  • Step Sequencer
    Overall capabilities of the Sampler

This all make the Maschine an incredibly creative way to get ideas out, manipulate and quickly lay down grooves. While I prefer linear arranging, The scenes/patterns approach of Maschine is a quick way to easily create different parts of a song.

Logic Pro:
  • Linear arranging
  • Stock FX
  • Precise editing
  • Busing, routing, and mixing are all handled really well in Logic Pro

The various other small, but quite handy, features/functions of Logic Pro are also great (Q-Flam, MIDI FX). I also quite like the comping style of Logic especially for tracking guitars/bass

Reactions: VVS

VVS

Banned
Maschine software & Logic Pro

Maschine:
  • Sampling & Chopping
  • Playing Pads
  • Step Sequencer
    Overall capabilities of the Sampler

This all make the Maschine an incredibly creative way to get ideas out, manipulate and quickly lay down grooves. While I prefer linear arranging, The scenes/patterns approach of Maschine is a quick way to easily create different parts of a song.

Logic Pro:
  • Linear arranging
  • Stock FX
  • Precise editing
  • Busing, routing, and mixing are all handled really well in Logic Pro

The various other small, but quite handy, features/functions of Logic Pro are also great (Q-Flam, MIDI FX). I also quite like the comping style of Logic especially for tracking guitars/bass

I purchased a Mashine MIKRO in the past. I had to return it because of a hardware defect. Left a sour taste in my mouth so I just moved on to a different DAW/MIDI controller combo. Logic Pro is a good DAW if you're primarily a MAC user. One of my requirements is being able to switch between Linux, MAC OS and Windows so Logic Pro wouldn't have been a good option in my case. I will say, the Maschine controller pads are WAY BETTER than AKAI pads (I use an MPK mini).

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I will say, the Maschine controller pads are WAY BETTER than AKAI pads (I use an MPK mini).

We. gon.’ have. to. fight. #MPKGang

VVS

Banned
How are you liking bitwig?

Love it! It has the right amount of polish and features to help me be creative without having to take a deep dive and learn every feature of the DAW. I consider it to be grown up version of Ableton Live. Same concept of having clips/scenes but you can arrange/create in any way you like. The biggest feature no other DAW has is the ability to "isolate" plug-ins. If one or many plug-ins crash, the DAW is unaffected and won't crash like Ableton Live or any other DAW.

Straight...
just before dawn fire GIF

VVS

Banned
I mainly use MPC Software, FL Studio 21 & Sonar. Every now & then I'll jump on Ableton Live, Reason, Acid Pro or Protools

Nice! I want to like the MPC (as in the standalone hardware) but everytime I use one I still find myself using my DAW to complete a beat. I started making beats on FL funny enough. My preferences changed with age but those are all solid DAWs.

How is Acid Pro these days? I used to use it back in the early 2000s (up to version 4/5)

I also loved using it, but I'm on Mac now which it isn't available on.
Acid Pro is still excellent. The company Magix bought acid pro from sony and its been dope to me. I dont know why they still havent made a version for Macs and its on version 11
How is Acid Pro these days? I used to use it back in the early 2000s (up to version 4/5)

I also loved using it, but I'm on Mac now which it isn't available on.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
@K-waz

It was definitely ahead of it's time when I was on v3. Warping and chopping was so simple! I loved that you could have the entire warped sample towards the bottom, and then just pull your chops up to the timeline. I got really into "micro-chopping" because it was so easy.

The FX automation and manipulating samples in the timeline/arranger was super cool.