What are your dreams/Aspirations in2010? Are you living them?

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
We all have dreams as a kid, during high school/college they kinda get eclipsed by life, obligation and responsibilities. So people's dreams evolve, which leads me to my question. What are your dreams in 2010? what do you want to accomplish? What is your definition of success now?

Personally, the whole music thing hasnt changed my desires overall. Its just become more defined because of less time to play around. At the same time, the things I'm willing to do, hats I'm willing to wear, and the limit to my patience has been pushed and expanded. I still want to be the greatest rapper, greatest producer, greatest everything ever. I've learned that there's alot that comes with each tho. Success right now is me being able to support myself (and a family in the future) while reaching for those goals, dreams.

Hopefully no one within eye shot of this site has givin up on theirs...? Thoughts to share? Stories? Words of encouragment or Wisdom?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Personally (as in myself), Im living my dream...Nice home, nice cars, I don't work and I can still afford to play anytime...however, like you said...dreams evolve and mine started evolving 7yrs ago when my little girl was born. All my dreams evolve around her now. Seeing her happy, raising her right and teaching her about life are all the driving forces of my dreams now. Sometimes I have to take a step back because I want her to have everything that I wanted but didn't have, and that can be misleading as in spoiling her, yet I want her to have high morals and standards. So thats where its at for me right now.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yea I set crazy goals for myself than do them. A goal is a dream with a time limit. One of my favorite quotes is from Steve Jobs and its simple "Real artist ship!" I think we get so caught up in the gear or making everything perfect that we never put anything out. Don't call yourself a musician if you don't make music and put out a damn record. Some of my past goals

Get my masters degree in music production, DONE
Direct a hip-hop music video, DONE
Work in the music industry and meet my hero's, DONE
Start a Business and learn about it, Done
Put an indie album out on itunes, emusic, etc, DONE with two more out soon.
Learn Visual Effects, Done and ongoing

Did I do any of these perfectly? Nope but I got them done and on to the next thing. You MUST ship, you MUST create and put it out warts and all. Execution is the key, it will lead to more ideas more projects and more connections.

Future goals
Complete my first film, this one has taken far to long already
Finish my second hip-hop record
Start an animation studio
Start a game design company
Make my first million
Get a manager and more placement for my music
Open an arcade

it goes on, but at least half of those will be done in the next two years. You want to read a life changing book read "Lynchpin" by Seth Godin. It will change how you view art.

YOUR TURN, GO!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Personally (as in myself), Im living my dream...Nice home, nice cars, I don't work and I can still afford to play anytime...however, like you said...dreams evolve and mine started evolving 7yrs ago when my little girl was born. All my dreams evolve around her now. Seeing her happy, raising her right and teaching her about life are all the driving forces of my dreams now. Sometimes I have to take a step back because I want her to have everything that I wanted but didn't have, and that can be misleading as in spoiling her, yet I want her to have high morals and standards. So thats where its at for me right now.

Dope, thats way more important than your personal gain/desires. respect

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yea I set crazy goals for myself than do them. A goal is a dream with a time limit. One of my favorite quotes is from Steve Jobs and its simple "Real artist ship!" I think we get so caught up in the gear or making everything perfect that we never put anything out. Don't call yourself a musician if you don't make music and put out a damn record. Some of my past goals

Get my masters degree in music production, DONE
Direct a hip-hop music video, DONE
Work in the music industry and meet my hero's, DONE
Start a Business and learn about it, Done
Put an indie album out on itunes, emusic, etc, DONE with two more out soon.
Learn Visual Effects, Done and ongoing

Did I do any of these perfectly? Nope but I got them done and on to the next thing. You MUST ship, you MUST create and put it out warts and all. Execution is the key, it will lead to more ideas more projects and more connections.

Future goals
Complete my first film, this one has taken far to long already
Finish my second hip-hop record
Start an animation studio
Start a game design company
Make my first million
Get a manager and more placement for my music
Open an arcade

it goes on, but at least half of those will be done in the next two years. You want to read a life changing book read "Lynchpin" by Seth Godin. It will change how you view art.

YOUR TURN, GO!

Ambitious! I like that. You dont promote nearly as much as you accomplish tho. whats up with that? Either way thats whats up, I may have to pick your brain on the visual effect tip.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Did you make the beat for this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
It doesnt say it anywhere! (That I could find) I clicked on video, but music wasnt even mentioned. Me and you dont like to promote in the sense of "Spam" we have to do outstanding work, then make sure its credited, thats how we promote. Put some "Info" you projects. "All ___ made by Chris Scheidies" type of stuff ya know. Dope stuff btw

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't set specific goals...I strive to do more than I did the year before, never give up and keep grinding...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Im gonna get Super Powers!

Maybe we can find something radio active for ya,... like a rabbit, or... crayfish lol!

I don't set specific goals...I strive to do more than I did the year before, never give up and keep grinding...

Thats whats up! Diff strokes

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Im gonna get Super Powers!
I'll let you borrow some of mine!

I gave up a lucrative life of crime for music, I'm hoping to get back to the later.
My goals musically for this year is to perform at some larger music festivals and drop a few more EP's. I would also like to get some gigs in Tokyo. And if I can dream I would like to get Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman pregnant just to hush the allegations of my involvement in a Hollywood scandal consisting of myself and Andy Milonakis doing drugs with Lindsay Lohan which results in her overdosing and ending up in a drug induced coma.
Beyond the invention of a time machine I can't think of anything else right off hand.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 220
for real doe...I can dig it. At this point in my life I'm basically following this path. Im living my life for my children now...I got one in college and 3 more headed so...its really not about my wants and dreams at this moment...hip hop is what I always wanted to do as a living...I still strive for it but at a slower pace than most now. I still want to get a production degree like Dream's got. I guess when it comes to tangible goals, I wanna be more creative and evolve musically...try to continue to push the bar but keep it hip hop.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
when I was in high school i wanted to get a deal. As I learned more about the business, I knew that it wasn't for me. I knew I wanted to make at least one album to feel satisfied, and wanted to perform in NYC. I've done both and have more to come. I'm content. At this point in the game, I'm meeting new people...working wit Legends, and continue to evolve as a artist. My music is out, cats are lovin it, some are hatin it, but it's out and that is the most important thing. Way i see it,,,Stress1 is known in every continent on the globe according to music players stats. thats dope.

and PS:

Ya favorite rapper aint fuckin wit me. lol.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
when I was in high school i wanted to get a deal. As I learned more about the business, I knew that it wasn't for me. I knew I wanted to make at least one album to feel satisfied, and wanted to perform in NYC. I've done both and have more to come. I'm content. At this point in the game, I'm meeting new people...working wit Legends, and continue to evolve as a artist. My music is out, cats are lovin it, some are hatin it, but it's out and that is the most important thing. Way i see it,,,Stress1 is known in every continent on the globe according to music players stats. thats dope.

and PS:

Ya favorite rapper aint fuckin wit me. lol.

Oh hell yeah man, I gotta say you get the award for hardest working , along with raw of course, but you have really been doing your thing and REALLY staying ontop of it and droppin droppin droppin , AND keepin it right here as well as worldwide . home at illmuzik I can say , is only helping.
You have been utilizing the resource like a mofo and I feel you on the goals that would make me die feeling at least somewhat accomplished!
Much support!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Oh hell yeah man, I gotta say you get the award for hardest working , along with raw of course, but you have really been doing your thing and REALLY staying ontop of it and droppin droppin droppin , AND keepin it right here as well as worldwide . home at illmuzik I can say , is only helping.
You have been utilizing the resource like a mofo and I feel you on the goals that would make me die feeling at least somewhat accomplished!
Much support!

thanks homie. means alot. I cant wait to get our collabs poppin!!! Bring that Tribe Called Quest vibe back wit a lil stress seasoning.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Following up, the year's almost over. How'd everyone do/doing on their goals?

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 220
shits basically the same for me...except that I leased 3 beats this year for $50 a piece. I did themes for a clothing line (about yo do another one), working on an album with my boy Essentulz on the mic...he outta Texas but should be back in NC right before the release, did about 4 shows this year so far, I got to showcase some emcee talent this year...just a lil bit. At this point in my life...I prolly wont be grinding to much harder than I have been.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Wow! thats whats up! how much more could you ask for? lol