What are the 10 Ten Producer Tips ever

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Name your Top ten pieces of advice for up ad coming producers trying to bring their hot product to the music industry.

Any takers?? Holla back.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1. practice
2. know the history (study your craft)
3. do you

that's all i really have. i'm sure there's more, but those are the essentials. if you get nothing else, get those.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
fuc beats... that should be your first piece of advice.... seriously.... if i figured that out before it would have saved me some time!! producers are rated on the last song they made, not the last beat u cooked up on ur mpc!

.. make music... produce... complete projects... believe in yourself and your product.... get ur stuff heard... find where u fit in and carve your own niche.... and most impotantly ... DO U ... make the music that u like if u just try and copy whats hot currently u will always be behind the curve. innovate. use the tools u have and just make it do what it do.

ATmusic

ill o.g.
Ash Holmz. True indeed. It took me a long while before finding out what type of songs I was comfortable and happy making. Another 2 years wasted being scared of sticking to it and perfecting that sound. Was too busy tryng to make what´s selling right now.

Now I just do me though.

I think that´s the Key element for any producer out here. Find your niche. Use time and effort perfecting what you are good at. Nothing wrong with being versatile but find your niche and perfect it and half the battle is won.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Name your Top ten pieces of advice for up ad coming producers trying to bring their hot product to the music industry.

Any takers?? Holla back.

These are not to be taken as no ten commandments or anything, just observations.

If you want to seriously make a career of producing hip hop music, it will not happen in YOUR home studio. Connections are made everyday, and you have to be in the conferences, conventions, and studio sessions where they go down, so get there!

Don't make beats "just to get in the industry" or to "make money". There are thousands of talented kids out here with gear, so you gotta love what you do so even if you don't get placements or credits, you'll still please yourself.

Do as much research as humanly possible before buying a new piece of gear. You should be able to at least intelligently discuss the gear with the salesperson before buying it.

Learn about music theory, basic signal flow, the ins and outs of a studio.

If you're new to producing, find other like you and team up, it speeds up the learning curve and you can challenge each other.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
These are not to be taken as no ten commandments or anything, just observations.

If you want to seriously make a career of producing hip hop music, it will not happen in YOUR home studio. Connections are made everyday, and you have to be in the conferences, conventions, and studio sessions where they go down, so get there!

Don't make beats "just to get in the industry" or to "make money". There are thousands of talented kids out here with gear, so you gotta love what you do so even if you don't get placements or credits, you'll still please yourself.

Do as much research as humanly possible before buying a new piece of gear. You should be able to at least intelligently discuss the gear with the salesperson before buying it.

Learn about music theory, basic signal flow, the ins and outs of a studio.

If you're new to producing, find other like you and team up, it speeds up the learning curve and you can challenge each other.

Thanks so much for sharing that comment you left. !!!!!!

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dont have drinks around the equipment, especially in the hands of those who cant handle them.

HAAAAAAAA!!!

Thats my #1 rule and it pisses the hell out of my girl. LOOL

I tell her she can either not bring any juice around my equipment or GIVE ME $6,000 to buy me some nw equipment. Either or!!

go against the grain....

This is the rule I think that Wu-Tang should of kept following about three albums ago. Plus, I heard hat their nw album might not be that hot at all.

I WISH THEY FOLLOWED YOUR RULE.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
go against the grain....

i dont recomend this as a practice .... i feel what ur saying but u gotta be careful with this advice because theres a diference between being original and purposely going against the grain.... IE: so called "underground" producers who purposely make weird, murky,whack shit that sux and label it "underground" to mask the fact that it sux lol.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont recomend this as a practice .... i feel what ur saying but u gotta be careful with this advice because theres a diference between being original and purposely going against the grain.... IE: so called "underground" producers who purposely make weird, murky,whack shit that sux and label it "underground" to mask the fact that it sux lol.

I think he meant "going against the grain" in a being experimental but no too far left sense.

I agree with you on the underground producers really going so far left musicaly that It sounds wack. But at the same time, innovators at any art NEED to push the ARTISTIC ENVELOPE in order to go WHERE NO PRODUCER HAS GONE BEFORE. You feel me.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Kontents; said:
What got splashed on?

Keyboards and more..But Sha , conf are good but its also a feeding ground for sharks, because I would like to go up in this latest midatlantic music conf with a mp5 and help everyone out by finding the sharks that I know and that I know are going to be there and STILL owe me money .
I believe that going to a music conf to 'get on' is a bad idea, but go and learn is a good idea.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Keyboards and more..But Sha , conf are good but its also a feeding ground for sharks, because I would like to go up in this latest midatlantic music conf with a mp5 and help everyone out by finding the sharks that I know and that I know are going to be there and STILL owe me money .
I believe that going to a music conf to 'get on' is a bad idea, but go and learn is a good idea.

You gotta swim with the sharks and know when they are coming and its all good.
I haven't went to an industry conference that hasn't benefitted me -
A lotta artists/producers don't know how to present themselves or network or follow up when they do get a contact.
The beauty of a conference is that everyone there potentially can benefit your product and your agenda and if you approach it like that you will succeed.

H

Hi-Def

there are 3 key rules to making it in the music industry:

1. know your instrument (or computer software)
2. make yourself easily accessible (email, phone numbers, messaging, etc.)
3. promote yourself (myspace, youtube, soundclick, etc.)

members online