What about Chad?

H

Henobeat

Is it just me or does Chad Hugo get left out of the picture all the time? I mean, Pharrell Williams works with Chad Hugo but Chad never gets any of attention when the words "The Neptunes" come up. I think Chad should get more props instead of simply pharrell all the time. Do u guyz feel the same?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, but he's still getting paid like a mutha. It's a good point though, I guess he's more of a behind the scenes type of guy.

C

Copenhagen

Not that my producer partner and I are famous like the Neptunes but they probably have the same kind of relationship as we do.
My producer partner makes 2-3 times as many beats as I do but then I spend a lotta of times setting up things, talking to people, finding what new gear what should buy, buying samples for us etc...I also know, if we became famous...he would never like to be on TV or anything...he would leave all that to me...not that I'm hungry to get on TV but he would never do it and I guess someone would have to promote and stuff

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
those guys have the best of both worlds...people are loving their songs worldwide, but they can still walk into the grocery store to buy milk and not be accosted because their faces are on MTV every 2 seconds.....

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Chad's married with kids man. He's probably all business. He plays all the keys on all the Neptunes tracks so I'm sure he keeps busy. If I we're him I'd do the same thing. I just wanna make good music and live my life.

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Some Guy
Chad's married with kids man. He's probably all business. He plays all the keys on all the Neptunes tracks so I'm sure he keeps busy. If I we're him I'd do the same thing. I just wanna make good music and live my life.

Yeah I read an interview where Chad was saying he doesnt want to be all in the video's like pharell and that, thats on pharell and he should calm down a little bit (In a joking way). Chad is married with like 4 kids. Pharell was saying he wished he had what chad has and its not what you think. He said when they shot the beutiful video in brasil they didnt party or anything he was all buisness no girls nothing. He would rather be married and have a nice girl than all the groupies that flock to him for money.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
A producer's spot is behind the boards

Hey look it's about image, I think that both of those guys were pretty much behind the scenes....but now look they had to do a little tour and promote and so when you have an album ya gotta promote it and also have a face and someone to be live, I think like you said Chad is just happy in the background meanwhile Pharrell is trying out the superstar in the camera and video role now.......I mean its cool to be unseen too.......the next thing he'll be acting but hell I went to a conference in NY and when they said that conservatively for the beat around 150k not including the royalties and publishing....I wouldn't care if I was ever seen, would you want to be famous or rich???...LOL

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i think if chad cared about the attention pahrrell was gettin, hed say something.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
chad is smart -- with kids i would do the same -- he's about making moves -- and providing for his fam -- that's how he's supposed to get down

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
pahrrell makes a lot of apearances by him self because thats his roll, chad got a family he really cant just up and leave the state to a industry party. chad is like a musician producer, he plays most of the instruments.:whiner:

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i always said dat chad is probly da genious in da group. like tito said hes the one with musical talent.pharell is jus the face flashed in black culture.

members online

No members online now.