Westcoast

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I saw Zion1 with Kool Keith here in Colorado. Their shit is tight. I know ya'll aint sleepin on Dialated Peoples. The west is in a slump. I can't believe how much the south has blown. Their lyrics are wack as fuck! Luda is on some shit. I can't belive that Master P and Casn Money make so much loot. The only thing I could attest that too is the fact that there are so many ignorant peeps who identify with southern rap/hip-hop that they go out and buy the albums. I can't wait until the midwest blows up.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I love the West Coast Style and as far West I have been is NeW Mexico, I met DJ Quik back in the day when Mausberg was alive, I loved the musical touch and synths that both Quick and Dre brought to the tracks....it's kind of faded now though but you know you gotta give the people what they want....if they want bullshidd then press it up package it and let em have it....I mean Dre probably never dreamed that he would be where he is now and still doing hot shidd.....oh yeah and somebody said Tupac is West Coast...well ya'll know the history I won't say anymore that'll get a biiiig fight started....he got to Cali but he wasn't from there....

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
pac's model was rep where ya at! and as far as dre and snoop being the tightes from out here, them niggaz is washed up. i got niggaz in my click that will ripp snoops skinny ass appart but we underground right know so you probly wont hear us. dre and snoop get all the shine because they have been main stream for the longes so even thow they rap about bullshit and make dudu tracks the public is already used to them niggaz. i know plenty mc's from the underground cene that are real nice and make you wonder why this fool aint sighned yet, but then you got to look at were we at. the majors act like all we know how to do is shoot shit up because of past incidents at a couple of lables out here. if you notice all the west coast artist that are mainstream been around since the early 90's, because they are making it hard for us new artist to get on. what motivates us to keep doing what we do is when we see a wack artis come out, no names but it reasure us because if they letting garbidge like that go mainstream then whe still got a shot at this

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Bay area artist's wont get signed because back in the early to mid 90's they were getting deals and they F_cked it up. They were taking the money that they got in the deals and buying bullsh_t with it. Like Cars, Chains, Rims and TV's. I guess they thought the money would be there forever. They should of put the money into their new projects. Some of them got Million dollar deal and kept on recording with low budget equipment. What dummy's. Its really going to be hard to bring West coast Bay Area artist back into the game. They have tarnished the game out here.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
I wouldn't say Dre is washed up....he's still in very high demand in the industry for tracks and other projects just as or marketable than the younger counterparts the Neptunes...so I wouldn't quite put him in the washed up realm there really aren't any producers right now that can fugg with him on a worldwide....level and generate album sales.......Snoop that might be different, you can't stay a rapper forever.....producers are able to have a much longer career because if they adapt they can become versatile and do other styles of music, and then find other talent....I mean look at Quincy Jones and Clive Davis....I mean Hip Hop production will always be hot but a reason why a lot of old school hip hop producers are nowhere to be found is they didn't really adapt to the market.......you have to love music not just 1 style to call yourself a real producer and survive...I mean Dre starting out on the Gangsta tip never could have dreamed 13 or 14 years later he would be behind more platinum albums or be doing RnB tracks....

B

BeatOff

i cant believe this clown said Dre is Washed up. LOL and what have you put out ?

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
beatOFF i bet i have made more money off selling tracks underground than you have periot. let me see what you got to offer dog, im better off selling tracks to underground cats and getting some cash and recognition for my work than to be a gost producer and just get some cash.

dre gets beats from cats and change a thing or two here and there and calls it his beat. the only reason we found out who was the original creator for truth hurts single, was cuzz the creator of that beat was dj Quik. he is a known producer but if it was a no name producer everyone would of though dre made that beat because it says procuced by dr. dre. dont get me wrong dre is one of the top producers that influence me in this game but lets be real his beats are not knocking like they were in the early 90's.

there is always some cat that dont know shit about the industry but yet he wants to run his mouth on some shit, beatoff stop jacking off and let me see what you got, ill give you my onest opinion dog on the real!

in the mean while go to my profile and my soundclick page. i got 3 tracks that will be on independent releases in the next 3 to 6 months, there are mc's already on them.

no love lost

B

BeatOff

I dont give a fuck what you've done, you dont have as much money as Dre is my point. When did I get thrown in the mix, you can speculate all you want about what i've done but selling beats to underground artist for a few hundred bucks is not a big deal. We all know what dre does now but he did used to do the tracks himself back in the NWA days. He was making money and getting air play then. The Chronic 2001 was a classic album how can you say that shit didnt knock? I aint mad but if you gonna call me out you post your shit first.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I think every fuckin body is wack right now. Just look at the absolute garbage commin out of the south. Chingy? Come on man. The east is sleepin. The north is non-existent. Why is everybody focused on the West when everybody is comin wack lately. I'm not feelin nothin right now seriously.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
beatoff i wasnt trying to call you out dog, you aske about me on your post and i replied, and if you look at all my post you will not see that i have said that i have as much or more money than dre. im still on the grind like a lot of other producers on this sight. but for you to try to CLOUN someone but yet you dont have no material to even call yourself a producer or to showcase so that cats could see what kind of skill you got then you shoulnt holla at cats like that.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
None of my biz but, most artist I know dont really like to have their beats all over the net. Thats why I dont like postin shit on soundclick ect. Every once in a while a beat competition is cool but I'm not trying to have my arsenal on some site for braggin rights. I'm not about the fame and glory I'm just trying to make a business out of this. I know if I was shoppin around for beats I wouldnt buy some shit that was posted on one of them sites. Thats just me tho, just the way I see things.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Man you might be right but I got tons of tracks on spindles and archived and I think most producers on here might also......but the thing is there's probably producers that won't ever sell a track too but doing it for the luv....but UR right I have at least 6 artists and they have bought beats from the net, a lot of times they never use em, they use mine because 1 they want to see who they're working with and a lot of times they have no clue how to work with the track and then they can't get in touch with the producer...but anyhow this site is for fun and learning....it's cool to put a track up or snippet and get feedback though.....you know the people you want to critique your work should be outside and neutral of your camp or inner circle...that way you get the real on whether the shidd might be hot or not.....but I feel you

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
on my soundclick page i only got 4 tracks for people to listen too, you dont want to give your album away so you save the rest of the tracks for the album and if people liked what they heard from the singles you posted then they might buy the album once its up for sale on you sight. at least thats my plan i dont know about others but right know i got a solo artist on there and 2 songs from a group because those are the upcoming albums were working on.

i use soundclick as a promotional tool for the web.

B

BeatOff

Trust me I have have beats, plenty of beats, what i dont have is a sound click or MP3.com page. I dont want my stuff out there for people to jack my idea etc etc. I wasnt clowning you, I just see it time after time people dissing Dre or Somebody who's done big things for hiphop or music in general. But dont assume that I dont make tracks or have an arsenal of tracks because I dont post everything i'm working on.

Paz

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with both yall. I'm trying to use the net as a promo tool too. But I wanna have my own site tho not just a page. Dont get me wrong soundclick is coo but I think it might set you apart if you have your own site. People have to dig through thousands of wack producers on soundclick to get to the heat. Its a cool spot to get opinions on your tracks, but also you should be able to tell if your tracks are hot or not by yourself. Thats what producers do. If you cant tell if you got a hit or not then you cant really produce.
What do I know tho, I'm the brokest producer of all time. People tell me I got serious heat but until I start makin some bread at this I dont give myself props or believe the BS. I'm just trying to advance my skills.