Westcoast

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
is it me or has nobody from the west coast, other than dre's camp, come out with a decent album in years?? name some artists if you think im wrong! i wanna know!

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i was part of the anti-sampling camp, until i went on a production course...meeting the pros and those that have been there. so since stepping out of my bedroom, ive realised that everyone uses samples...its how much you use, and there aint noghing wrong with it. infact its such a creative thing. i sampled a beethoven track, and made it into an afrobeat..
sampling is unbeleivably fab to me now.
nothing wrong with 1 0r 2 samples on my album :)

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Originally posted by P_1
is it me or has nobody from the west coast, other than dre's camp, come out with a decent album in years?? name some artists if you think im wrong! i wanna know!

i feel your right! im from southern cali and i agree with you 100%. a lot of it got to do with the major labels being scare to fuck with us ever since capitol records got shot up on some gangbanging shit. and then to add to that, the biggie and 2pac killing made matters worst being that the killers are from out here. were being cut off because of other peoples actions. we need the support from the majors because thats the only way we going to get that great recording budget to be able to put some decent shit out with a good video, lots of radio play and great promotion. till then is going to be like this. its only so much a indie lable can afford by it self, and we cant compete against a major label so we have to join them. why do you think rocafella, murder ink, ruff riders and many others have contracts with def jam, because def jam is a major and they front the cost of recording, videos, and a great promotion canpaine then they recupe the cost later when they get the platnum hits start to flow in.

i just started attending a recording school in los angeles and im starting to make a lot of contact and im hoping to put some type of light on this situation because i dont see how else did we go from being dominent in the early 90s to not being a factor at all. the south gets more action then we do. its time for a chage yall!

by the way wc put his album out through def jam because these majors out here aint showing no love to hiphop.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i wish heiro was still bringing it

B

BeatOff

Clear channel is on the south and east coast dick. You cant tell me Cali aint got better shit than Bone Crusher, T.I. And LiL jon and the eastside boys. Its all bullshit. Fuck clear channel.

B

Bill

i feel ya, in recent years the westcoast has been pretty dry in creating new talent. Death row was the hottest thing to emerge from the westcoast and since it's demise nothing other than dre is still kickin the hits.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
hey HI-C got a bangin joint on power right now! "let me know" i think it is. produced by Quik! not even Quik gets love anywhere else but L.A.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
that beat they used been around for a whyle, i remember hearing it back in the late 90s on a drop for this cat name theo thats on 92.3 the beat (or used to be the beat)

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
sorry to burst your bubble splitpersonalit but all the artists you just mentioned, excluding 2pac, are not that good. souls of mischeif, maybe! but everyone else is average. has anyone heard of Zion I? pretty good.

S

SmartAlec

Mannnnnnnnn.... BOTH dilated peoples albums are bangin for sure, who could forget those?

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
This is because Dre has it on lock. If you aint with Dre, Snoop, or anyone in that hangs with them your not gettin any burn on any radio station. When Dre came back he really messed it up for west coast artist because he set the standard so high It has to be on his level or better and thats hard to do when you think about how much money he puts into his project.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
yeah ive heard their shit splitperso. i still dont like it. they all wack to me. im talking about quality music. i dont want to hear that same ol stuff from the 90's. they've all been coming out with some weak ass shit. beats are crappy and the lyrics too. not my type of shit.

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Snoop Dogg is from the west coast he's doin it...yall need to hear dj whoo kids latest cd with snoop dogg g unit and all them west coast guys that roll wit snoop like daz and goldie loc all them heads....that cd is hot