Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/SKIDFLOW

MELLOW TANGO FLIP

Tricky spinz- this beat is aight bro. I like the way you flipp'd the sample...its just that the mix is horrible...a better mix would do this beat so much justice. The sample sounds muddy in a way. With a better mix it would sound epic.

2G- BOTH FLIPPS WERE ILL! THE 1ST THE BEST THOUGH BUT THE 2ND IS STILL DOPE! DOPE FLIPS HOMES.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
yo, this was a SICK sample. i think i brought this shit pretty hard. every sound i used is straight from the sample minus the percussion. hope y'all enjoy it.

Tango Flip www.myspace.com/imakebeatz

i'll throw some reviews out once we get a few more people in here.

Heres flip 1....http://www.dj2good.co.uk/music/playa.php?id=143

And flip 2.....http://www.dj2good.co.uk/music/playa.php?id=144

----------------------------------------

Skid. This sounds like some oldskool, the drums work well. Simplistic with an underground feel, has enough going on to keep it interesting.

Tricky. I like the choice of samples and the way you have rearranged it. I really like the high strings and the brass stabs.
Almost on a James Bond Tip, good stuff. The changeup is ill.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
got one up at www.myspace.com/djkp - called tango - jus a quik do, still on crap speakers so the mix i dont even kno about

tricky - like the flip, lots of drama, dark, was into them hi hat patterns
2good - the first one u nailed it, gd flip & composition grimey drums wasn't as keen on the 2nd.. the cliicky claps were annoying, gd work on both but that first one is the bad boy

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Skid-Snare hits a lil too hard/crispy in my speakers... But its a good beat, I would/may selct a lower sounding snare and let it go..Like a Pete Rock sounding snare... Then "its good"..
Tricky- Glad you are back..Very soviet sounding selction..Which is cool..Your snare needs to be more prent in my opinion..Needs tripling too, at the 8 bar points...takes too long to gewt to the "flip" point, then the "fli"p point should be 4 bars imo ....good concept.
2Good-GD piano is too loud, in fact its ALL needs to be turned down on this first link..But your not wrong for making it too loud, thats what they do now..Needs to be harbaled..I like this beat , just sonically it hurts.
Your second one is very nice..In fact I may need to talk to you bout lettin Step on that! ..Still lil loud , but sonically it is way better to hear at loud volumes..seems like the do and dont example really.This is tight , do holla at me tho
Iceman-Lovin the tags still, this guy has me on all of them trax, everylast one! Best costomer evr! lolBeat is as usual flipped well...there is a point tho where the back ground"movin it"sample needs to break...Do some other shit..otherwise its repetitious as shit..

That all being said I aint flippin it, but good job to you guys, and big finger(to my fam in the brotherly sense) for everyone yellin at me while this guy was gone and yall wanna flip on ya boy for not providing a good enough sample ...lololol..

All good though, lol, damn Ice thanks for commin back!haha!

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I flipped this last night more on the experimental side I never made a beat at this tempo…

my flip

Skid- This has that mellow laidback vibe the track is simple but it works. I would cut some of the high freq from that snare it sounds to bright in for a type of track. The flip is cool with lyrics it would sound more full

Trickyspinz- damn you took the same parts I chopped up its all good I never listen to the beats until after I do my flip. Your track is slower and laidback, the added composition is cool but it gets annoying after a while the kicks are heavy works for the track.

2good- flip 1- Sinister flip it sounds grimey, the string panned to the left sounds like some opera shit bass is dope.
flip 2- is simple but it sounds straight nice claps, I think if you add another counter melody it would take it to a different level

Iceman- I see you kept it simple nice little quick flip it works u probably did this in like 10mins or less props on the sample.

T

The Arkitekt

yea, although i dont like the begging part, that is a sick flip

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Damn, gonna have to scrap that Rob Bass tango remix project now. Anyways, some really inspiring stuff I've been hearing, here's my feedback:

ForestGlenn:
Really nice, definite shades of James Bond but I'm liking the mellow vibe. Very musical, great work.

Skidflow:
Liking the mad sounds in this one, nice headnod groove, love it.

tricky spinz:
Ill, would like to hear a good grime MC over that. Dramatic shit, nice 1.

2good:
Wha blow.
Really like the composition and the switch-ups and that on the 1st one with the dramatic piano chords. Like how you've used a 1-bar loop but because of the way you've composed around it, it doesn't get repetitive. That's really inspired me. Makes me want to go back over my shit. Oh well.
2nd one's ill as well, pretty dark vibe, sample's almost unrecognisable, big up for that.

Iceman:
We used the same bit! I actually like the simplicity of it, sometimes you don't need to go all-out manipulating a sample, what you've done is made a backdrop for an MC. Loving the boing sound, respect.

Scizo-manic:
That's pretty trippy man, big respect for doing something original and the groove is tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online