Waves Diamond Bundle...nahh.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I made a couple of beats today and been doing test on what's better for finalizing my mix. So far I came to the conclusion that when it comes to mastering or giving a little punch to the final mix, the plugins that come with FL such as the multiband compressor is better or just as good as the over-hyped "L1 UltraMaximizer". Any thoughts out there? I expected a lot more from this. Really you don't need all this shit. FL comes with everything you need before going to the studio.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay, I hear you fellas. I guess I'm exposing myself as a newbie, but I've heard so much about the "L1" that I was kinda let down with the results. i've come along way with compressing what needs to be, but back to my point. You don't need any other expensive plugins. FL has it all.

O

open mind

i agree the multiband compressor from fl is THA SHITNEZZ!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
a pre mix wouldnt do any harm before going to the studio.... so you and the engineer get an idea...

O

open mind

I made a couple of beats today and been doing test on what's better for finalizing my mix. So far I came to the conclusion that when it comes to mastering or giving a little punch to the final mix, the plugins that come with FL such as the multiband compressor is better or just as good as the over-hyped "L1 UltraMaximizer". Any thoughts out there? I expected a lot more from this. Really you don't need all this shit. FL comes with everything you need before going to the studio.

dont expect a compressor to make your beat sound HOT.a compressor compresses and maybe adds a bit of a color to your sounds and thats it.waves bundle are ok but nothing to DEPEND on.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ Yeah, I know this, I just expected more control with the L1, but since I first started this thread, I've played around with some of the other plugins, and I'm starting to like them alot. Yo Open, this might be another topic, but is it good or bad to mix at low levels and boost the gain on the multband compressor? I tried this and the shit's bumpin. (But am I losing quality?) Holler back.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
A good formula I use is stacking on the master channel as follows:
10 Band Eq with a high pass( or is it low? lol)
LnMb- Multiadaptive electro mastering, let it play thru and match up the numbers on the bottom with the numbers on the top, mash the manual button so it says auto.
S1- I think it is, Ill come back when Im at home and get more descriptive, ita soundfeikld thing make sure its centered
L2-Threshold at -0.01

Now Ill tell ya I usually apply this to the wave form after I have run it through harbal, but it should apply for those that are harbaless.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ Right, not all beats are going to the studio, but I want them (like everyone here does) crisp, clean, and hittin. Even if your making a beat CD, you still got to have a good mix and it would be a cherry on top to have the tracks hittin the same volume. Hence, that's why I sought after the Waves Diamond bundle. (Terminology is a little off, but ya'll get what I'm saying.)

I've attached a jpeg of the L1 Ultramaximizer. Anyone got any tips on utilizing this properly? How does the threshold and out of ceiling work together?

Attachments

• sshot_big_l1_01.jpg
    sshot_big_l1_01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 163

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
If you are goin to mix it at home then why take it to the studio? What are you going to do with it there?
I mean of course you want to make it sound good at home , naturally, but if you are going to have someone else mix it again then I wouldnt spend a whole hella lotta time on it...

O

open mind

is it good or bad to mix at low levels and boost the gain on the multband compressor? I tried this and the shit's bumpin. (But am I losing quality?) Holler back.
its ok but dont gain to muchm it will compress to much and u will lose quality.when i mix, my highest peak is on -5db then after adding more sounds the peak goes high cause more sounds have mo energy u knowm, but still under 0db.if it starts to distort and sound shitty then u know u gained to much on the compressor dont overdo it.

its all good use and trust your ears till it sounds how u wanted it to be.

cheers!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its ok but dont gain to muchm it will compress to much and u will lose quality.when i mix, my highest peak is on -5db then after adding more sounds the peak goes high cause more sounds have mo energy u knowm, but still under 0db.if it starts to distort and sound shitty then u know u gained to much on the compressor dont overdo it.

its all good use and trust your ears till it sounds how u wanted it to be.

cheers!

Appreciate it man, I'm having a blast trying to figure this shit out. Peace

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you are goin to mix it at home then why take it to the studio? What are you going to do with it there?
I mean of course you want to make it sound good at home , naturally, but if you are going to have someone else mix it again then I wouldnt spend a whole hella lotta time on it...

I guess what I'm getting at is that it needs to leave the crib sounding as good as possible. Done properly, there's very little an engineer has to do with it except tweak a knob here or there.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
^agreed.

^ Right, not all beats are going to the studio, but I want them (like everyone here does) crisp, clean, and hittin. Even if your making a beat CD, you still got to have a good mix and it would be a cherry on top to have the tracks hittin the same volume. Hence, that's why I sought after the Waves Diamond bundle. (Terminology is a little off, but ya'll get what I'm saying.)

I've attached a jpeg of the L1 Ultramaximizer. Anyone got any tips on utilizing this properly? How does the threshold and out of ceiling work together?

Click on load then make a selection and see how it effects your sound, then see what changes have been made in the settings, this way it will help to familiarize yourself with the plug in better.
Thats what I do with all those plugins as I have no magic formula for L1.