Wat it do? I am Lu.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Might be new to this beat battle stuff but I've been making beats for a minute. I was browsing and beat battles came across my mind so I dug in and found the site. Thanks for allowing me allowing me the opportunity to showcase my skills. Looking forward to the competition and seeing what people think. Judging by the rules, we can't be disrespectful but I'd really like to hear the worst from the worst. If my beats suck, they just suck. No hard feelings. I ain't gone cry about it. Instead, imma come harder the next time. Motivate me to drop something so lit that your ears start smoking. Let's get it.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Welcome to the ILL....SUCKA! :ROFLMAO: :brofist:
Come The Rock GIF by WWE

JUST BRING IT!

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Welcome @IamLu!
Glad you found your way in.
How would you describe your beats/music ?
What daw do you use?
Anything that makes you unique?
Nothing special about me. I bleed like everybody else. I wouldn't consider myself average tho. I'm a highly influential individual. Real recognize real and I just want the best out of everybody. I got my flaws tho. I meditate on a comfortable basis to keep my sanity. Making music is a getaway for me. I don't know wat a daw is but if you are referring to program, I keep it simple with fruity loops mobile. Yeah, I know. P.o.s program but I'm alright with it and it has just wat I need to make something suitable for me. Not here to impress but infest some of these wat they call gangster/mob beats I create on the site in hopes to reach a higher level in music making. Props and good comments being the motivation to keep on pushing. Maybe some of these high level artist will invest with me. Looking to upgrade my standards through this site. I'm a lyricist as well but my genre of music don't exist anymore. I'm a big fan of gangster rap. Tupac being my #1 artist. But I'm a fan of all music. From rap to rock. I got favorites in all categories. Music is an inspiration to me. And I'm confident that wat I produce will give competitors a reason to come harder. It's come hard or stay in the yard with me. And music wise, I'm too far away from home to turn around. I am my biggest fan and toughest competitor.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Working on it bruh. They banned gangster rap in the 90's. Then came crunk music, which comes real close, but the topics ain't gang related or affiliated. It's just motivational. It's the beats that push the topics if you ask me. So here I am, looking to wake em up to some hardcore rap instrumentals. Not trying to start drama or none of that, instead get people back on that level of greatness. Music does that. The right lyrics with the right beat makes the crowd go crazy. Rather it be gangster or just a head banger. My thing is the influence. I love violent music but I don't want people out here bashing each other's face in unless the odds are fair. And I feel like my type of beats would do that. I can feel it when I play it. The world might not want this kind of energy but if you ask me, it's needed. But, that's what got me like ok, I'll just do the beats. My lyrics are too much. And I don't wanna be responsible for riots and the madness I can bring to a reality with my lyrics. Alot of crazy stuff happens behind the messages artist put out there through gangster related rap music. I just gotta figure out a better way to approach other than all out. Haven't put it together yet so I'll just start with introducing my instrumentals first and getting feedback on how others can come to a beat with the type of energy I put into them.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Nothing special about me. I bleed like everybody else. I wouldn't consider myself average tho. I'm a highly influential individual. Real recognize real and I just want the best out of everybody. I got my flaws tho. I meditate on a comfortable basis to keep my sanity. Making music is a getaway for me. I don't know wat a daw is but if you are referring to program, I keep it simple with fruity loops mobile. Yeah, I know. P.o.s program but I'm alright with it and it has just wat I need to make something suitable for me. Not here to impress but infest some of these wat they call gangster/mob beats I create on the site in hopes to reach a higher level in music making. Props and good comments being the motivation to keep on pushing. Maybe some of these high level artist will invest with me. Looking to upgrade my standards through this site. I'm a lyricist as well but my genre of music don't exist anymore. I'm a big fan of gangster rap. Tupac being my #1 artist. But I'm a fan of all music. From rap to rock. I got favorites in all categories. Music is an inspiration to me. And I'm confident that wat I produce will give competitors a reason to come harder. It's come hard or stay in the yard with me. And music wise, I'm too far away from home to turn around. I am my biggest fan and toughest competitor.
:D nice.
And "daw" stands for digital audio workstation, so yes the program you make music with... you answered my questions exactly (y)

Lot of guys here use Fruity, so if there's anything you want to know about it, just ask.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Now im intrigued how you wanna cause riots with your music.
Not bragging bruh, but check out wat I just uploaded. It's just a sample but also a statement to how I come a lil bit. Let me know if that type of beat would cause something to happen or not. Not my best but was a project I was working on. Gave up because I just couldn't put the right lyrics to it. My beats pretty much speak for themselves.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
And I don't wanna cause riots at all. That responsibility would fall on me and once again I'd fail at delivering the right message. Though I love violent music, I just want to inspire to do violence the right way. Fair is fair. And violence exist in everybody. Let's be honest. My message is draw your line and don't let nobody cross it. As men, we all got limits. All I'm simply saying is don't push it. Will it sell? Probably not. But can they relate? Certainly. I didn't want to influence that kind of music or energy so I just stopped. Trying to advance now tho and see if people would want my style instrumentals on their albums.

Just had a listen to your track, what are you using as monitors? Please dont say your phone hahahaha
The levels sound a bit off IMO, the drums can barely be heard through the main synth. You really should upgrade my man.
FL Studio changed my whole beat making game, I couldnt recommend it more.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
And "daw" stands for digital audio workstation, so yes the program you make music with... you answered my questions exactly (y)

Lot of guys here use Fruity, so if there's anything you want to know about it, just as

Lot of guys here use Fruity, so if there's anything you want to know about it, just ask.
Alright bro. Will do. I'm still tampering with filters and whatnot. Experimenting with how they change and clear up the sounds. What I can't seem to get the hang of is the toms. I'm working on it tho. And mixing my bass to where it's not drowning out my other instruments is another thing I haven't gotten the hang of but time will fix it. Trust me, I don't mind asking questions and learning from other brothers. I'm open for enlightenment but as of right now just dabbing around in the filters to better understand them and how they work. I'm sure it'll pay off eventually. I'll know exactly wat to do with wat. I like messing with the reverb but the delay on the hats make my beats a lil bit more of wat I look for. Along with a high filter and a nice bass line.

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Just had a listen to your track, what are you using as monitors? Please dont say your phone hahahaha
The levels sound a bit off IMO, the drums can barely be heard through the main synth. You really should upgrade my man.
FL Studio changed my whole beat making game, I couldnt recommend it more.
Yeh, unfortunately it is a phone. Screens on my laptops are busted. But it's all good. I know wat I'm hearing. I just need to clear it up more I see. And that was actually done on my laptop before I cracked my screen. I really didn't have a chance to clean up the sounds on my instuments before I uploaded it toy phone. That was pretty much a as is project. I still got the beat saved. I just gotta repair the screen and finish wat I started. Along with all the other unfinished projects on there. So yeah, I'm work in progress but I'm still my biggest fan. Fl studio is the only program I use. Thanks for listening though. And the feedback.

Yeh, unfortunately it is a phone. Screens on my laptops are busted. But it's all good. I know wat I'm hearing. I just need to clear it up more I see. And that was actually done on my laptop before I cracked my screen. I really didn't have a chance to clean up the sounds on my instuments before I uploaded it toy phone. That was pretty much a as is project. I still got the beat saved. I just gotta repair the screen and finish wat I started. Along with all the other unfinished projects on there. So yeah, I'm work in progress but I'm still my biggest fan. Fl studio is the only program I use. Thanks for listening though. And the feedback.
no worries, I hope you at least use headphones on your phone?
The frequency response of phone speakers are so limited that you cannot actually hear what needs to be done.
Especially the low end.
Im fairly decent at mixing, Im no master at it, but if you have any mixing questions, ask, I might be able to help you.
Understanding compression was one of my biggest hurdles when it came to mixing, when I finally got my head around it, it was a game changer.
If you really are your biggest fan, invest in yourself a little.
Decent monitors are a must IMO, just to be able to hear accurately what needs to be done.
Filtering and equing are pretty much the same thing, and is a good place to start when trying to learn to mix.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @IamLu but remember "gangsta" rap eventually became a farce and a parody, those actually in "the life" never ended up succeeding fully in the mainstream. Street/gangsta rappers were/are just as corny and trite as "conscious" rappers as the latter had no actual plans in place for "revolution" (which became commercialized and co-opted) just as the former were pawns for wealthy White/Jewish label owners and "street" rappers are still supported by the ones who profit from private prison ownership, no conspiracy.

p.s. I'm happy to know you're from/in my state.

Last edited:

members online