Wasted Beats

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
Sometimes I listen to the radio and hear some cool stuff right. But the only thing poppin out to me is the beat. Nowadays I think that happens too often. Wakk rappers on A-class beats is frustrating. Does anyone feel my pain cause the shits annoying.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Ado said:
Sometimes I listen to the radio and hear some cool stuff right. But the only thing poppin out to me is the beat. Nowadays I think that happens too often. Wakk rappers on A-class beats is frustrating. Does anyone feel my pain cause the shits annoying.

Ahh man, and the worst is when you give one of your hot beats to an MC and they come wack as hell on the beat... you wanna be like "Yo, fuck that, give me my beat back you came off wack!"

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
I can relate... Dudes that I know complain about that ALL the time. So I keep my beats 4 myself. I know very little people that I can sell a beat and they can rip it. It's annoying no doubt.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
im not sure which is worse... that, or a good mc fuckin with wack beats... i see that shit happenin alot around here, local cats who are actually pretty nice, fuckin with garbage beats.... damn shame

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
last time i checked,,,makin music was an artform bro....

I feel you on that Stress. There are a lot of times I go to work on a beat just cause I'm feeling something inside. In those case, i'm doing that beat for personal enjoyment. Something I can call mine.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Ado said:
So I keep my beats 4 myself.

Gimme some of them beats then Muthaphucka!!! LOL!

...naw for real tho, I know exactly what you sayin Ado.

-Roy

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, i know what you all are saying, but also, from an emcee standpoint, it sucks when producers are too uptight about there beats and dont give emcees a chance to rip em. i mean, if you dont put them out there then you wont know. u might get a wack joint now and then, but u might also get that track that makes it too!

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
LOL Ado, i feel you so much. A dope beat and some DOPE lyrics/delivery is a dope Song. Like Chris tucker said at the Oscar, if you want someone to play on your movie, WAIT for that person, dont take any actor, you'll regret it. Same thing for music. Just wait for a good opportunity. Your beats are not a waste, for now. Wait for the good timing.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
Royal said:
Gimme some of them beats then Muthaphucka!!! LOL!

...naw for real tho, I know exactly what you sayin Ado.

-Roy

I got you Roy. But I am an MC as well. That's what I meant by keepin them. I just dont like to see my beats go to waste. that's why I'm hesitant to disperse them for cash.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
what was that Dre beat that he did for Mary J Blige?? the one where shes in the club on the video with all the green light behind her...

that was a great beat which would of been better if an emcee was on it. it just seemed like a hell of a rap beat, not an RnB beat. she slowed that shit down.

sAfE.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
last time i checked,,,makin music was an artform bro....

you gotta be reaaaalll good to make beats and just leave them at that.

its not very interesting when there is 16 bars of continuous looped music. whos ever had a hit with a pure instrumental? Dre made a 2001 instrumental CD and that was only bought by his dedicated fans and maybe some beat makers. its the rap that makes it a finished track.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
U got a point. But people can make music for enjoyment. The last beat I made was just to make somethin I like to hear music, with or without vocals.<--that's one of the reasons that I listened to Jay-Z's "Momma Loves Me," because personally I like when the producer can make a beat ride out at the end. And you gotta admit that if your favorite producer made a beat cd, you'd get it too.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Ado I feel your pain, most mcees spit nonproductive garbage. I myself feel I can do better so if you don't like the high price, that's fine with me cause you wouldn't have done it justice anyway. That's the kind of stuff that haunts you, based on your perspective.

illusion

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you got to have a good rapper on a good beat, i think it sounds ish if a good rapper is rapping on a wack a$$ beat..but i do think that if its a wack beat....the rapper can make it sound good depending on their flow,lyrics etc...... i.e immortal technique.....i think he sounds good in any beat so i would still listen to him.

members online