waste of time/money to cop mpc 2000XL MCD? already own a mpc1k..

MaXiMiLLioN

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bear wit me i ain't know it was gon come out like a life story on here...

aight yalll here's the deal, I already own an mpc 1000... and fo sho I'm nowhere near where i want to be on it skill level wise..i mean i'm makin some aight bangers, makin some small flow off of those...($20 here $50 there) nothing big..but still i know i can take it to the next level, jus need some mo time and work put in on it..

but i come across a steal of deal on a *almost* new akai mpc 2000XL MCD... dude wants..well i done talked him down to $800... which according to my research is a pretty good deal...it got the 32mb and the memory card reader... i mean the old mpc's are going for more then that on ebay.. its crazy to me but none of the MCD(i.e. the blue one's) are on ebay... anyone know wuds up? its $1400 new on zzounds.com

a BIG part of the reason i want this is cuz i'm they type that makes moves on what appears to be "good deals".... feel me?

I was thinkin cop this.. then maybe sell my mpc1k, get at least like $500 for it then its like i only put out $500 outta my own pocket...

I done been puttin in research on this.. I been on the net since like 8am this morning, its now 1pm... and i have jus been readin and readin and readin ish all from google and forums but none really, i still ain't feel like my question been answered like that.. u know where i feel good abou it.. so i'm coming to yall see what yall think...

the more and more research i do it be seemin like most cats have MORE then ONE mpc.. dudes got like 2-3 of them...

i'm thinkin i could leave the big dog at home, i.e. 2000xL be my studio rig and then the mpc 1k could be my road hog.. i.e. not that i travel like that but in case i do in the future... know i'm sayin?

thing is i barely be learnin the mpc1k and the mpc2000xl is a whole nother world..

but my thought process is like this...

aka mpc 2000xl came out like what 10 years ago? so that tech is old and outdated which in my head means it'LL be easier to learn and understand...

from my research 2000XL seems like a more complete package... whereas the mpc1k was made more to work wit tech like computers and s/w... so it doesn't have all that the 2000xl has...

obviously quality is somethinge else on the 2000xl where as not for me but lotta peeps cry'n out that mpc1k is a "toy"...

in basics i guess maybe what i'm askin is am i herb for tryin to get another mpc?

or maybe yall know somethign i don't> i.e. how will the addition of the mpc 2000XL MCD be an additional plus in my studio setup...

mpc 1k
turntable
200 free records, old girl pops jus gave me 2 crates
alesis micron (not used once) been concentratin on learnin mpc1k...
thats pretty much it...

I know the mpc1k has that new s/w update for it.. but i dont' got internet at home and these public library computers dont' allow d/l's of any kind much less got a memory card for it...plus if i aint' even learn the basic system how am i gonna front n cop a new one..

and jus in case funds is an issue.. my plan was this was gon have my ryme partner cop it cuz he want to learn the beat make thing too(after seein how i do) but now the kid is frontin like, "yo, its too cold to be going outside and pickin something like this up" (we stay in chicago).... but uh yeah i mean i know in the next 2 weeks i can hustle up dough...

i guess we'll see..

hpefully yall hve some constructive feedback on this...

help me clear my mental

stay up

oNe

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
well....to be honestly i was in the same dilema a couple days ago.... I've had the 2000xl, the 2500, and the 4000. the 2500 was a awesome....the 4000 was a BEAST!!!, but i felt most COMFORTABLE with the 2000xl (A lot of dudes think its all about power and features...not the case) Unfortunately i had to sell those and ive finally have to oppurtunity to cop another.

I was gonna shoot for the 2000xl cause i had the most experience with it, but i thought about it and thought itll be best to cop the 2500 (4000 power-house with the classic MPC interface) Fact is i dont have the money for a 2500. So once again i was leaning to the xl cause the 1000 couldnt slice or had MTC and a bunch of shit.....

BUT I did my research on the overlooked 1000 and learned the most amazing thing...... with the JJ OS (3.06-4.41) the 1000 can have the capabilities of the 2500!!!! Do You realize how cool that is!!! For a mere 30 bucks you can have a mini-powerhouse! Slicing up to 64 pieces...MTC...Patched Phrases....SIMTULI MODE...Improved Interface....Its LITERALLY AMAZING!!!!! If u havent yet dont buy the 2000xl and keep the 1000. Even with the latest akai os your able to slice and shit, but for 30 bucks you can have alot more.

I just copped a black 1000 with maxed memory and a 80 GB hard drive for 800 (PRESTINE CONDITION!) with a JV-2080....back to business!!!!! I will be buying the newest JJ OS (4.41 came out today!) when it arrives

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
well....to be honestly i was in the same dilema a couple days ago.... I've had the 2000xl, the 2500, and the 4000. the 2500 was a awesome....the 4000 was a BEAST!!!, but i felt most COMFORTABLE with the 2000xl (A lot of dudes think its all about power and features...not the case) Unfortunately i had to sell those and ive finally have to oppurtunity to cop another.

I was gonna shoot for the 2000xl cause i had the most experience with it, but i thought about it and thought itll be best to cop the 2500 (4000 power-house with the classic MPC interface) Fact is i dont have the money for a 2500. So once again i was leaning to the xl cause the 1000 couldnt slice or had MTC and a bunch of shit.....

BUT I did my research on the overlooked 1000 and learned the most amazing thing...... with the JJ OS (3.06-4.41) the 1000 can have the capabilities of the 2500!!!! Do You realize how cool that is!!! For a mere 30 bucks you can have a mini-powerhouse! Slicing up to 64 pieces...MTC...Patched Phrases....SIMTULI MODE...Improved Interface....Its LITERALLY AMAZING!!!!! If u havent yet dont buy the 2000xl and keep the 1000. Even with the latest akai os your able to slice and shit, but for 30 bucks you can have alot more.

I just copped a black 1000 with maxed memory and a 80 GB hard drive for 800 (PRESTINE CONDITION!) with a JV-2080....back to business!!!!! I will be buying the newest JJ OS (4.41 came out today!) when it arrives

I like on the 4.41 when u turn on ya 1k a custom name comes on lol I'm diggin it every months they update the OS