VH-1's 50 All Time Hip-Hop Artists

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I only caught a minute of it, around the Rakim part. I hate lists like that because they make no sense whatsoever and they don't tell you how or who came up with that list. I mean, they say HipHop, but do they mean "rap", or today's "hip-pop"? 'Cause they have a whole wide range or artists on there.

Their top 10 seems good, I don't know about the order, but the names there look good. I'm surprised they didn't put J-Lo on there or something, seeing how retarded some of these things are!

C

Copenhagen

Definitely not my top 50...;) Wonder how they put that together...based on sales or skills...?

B

Big La

I think it's artist who made impact on the music business. It has to be cause, if not, some of those names are blasphemise.

It's the only way to justify Tone Loc and MC Hammer. At least they had the good sense not put Vanilla Ice up.

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ORDER, I THINK THAT MAY BE FROM A MEDIAS POINT OF VIEW OR SOMETHING. NOBODY'S EVER GONNA BE HAPPY WITH A LIST LIKE THAT. BET'S TOP 50 WAS PRETTY CLOSE THO. THEY PUT JAY-Z OVER BIGGIE THO AND THAT WAS A MISTAKE. I WOULD SAY SOMETHIN ELSE BUT NIGGAS'LL START FIGHTIN IF I START A BIGGIE VS TUPAC ARGUMENT. I'LL HOLLA

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
They forgot alot of the older artists, a little disapointed.

B

Big La

Who has the balls to put up a legit list? I don't think I could do it.

Almost blasphemy

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
hammer made a big big impact on rap tho. i dont wanna start a big net fight with this, but you have to live thru it to understand, for example i dig led zepplin alot, but i didnt live thru there time, so i never really understand why they had such the big impact they had. but i remember when 2 the xtreme dropped. and when hammers shit dropped. easy way to put it, im not a very big tupac fan.there is some songs i like, but overall i dont really like pac, now most of you are probably like you dont like pac, your fucking crazy and so on and so forth. but being there when thru his career, he made such an impact with songs like dear mama and keep ya head up, when it was the big thing to be hard and be gangsta and kill people and tote gats and be the illest nigga. then this west coast gangsta rap artists comes out to the mainstream and says what everyone else wont. shit like we need to respect our women and that he appreciates what his mother sacrificed for him. to me those are the main things that defined 2pac and to me justifies his spot as one of the best of all time. even tho i dont really dig his music overall.

im sure fade and some of the older people on here will understand that big jumble of fucking rambling i just typed out

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
hammer was real.

what does "real" mean anyways???

explain this to me. id sure like to hear

P

PHILharmonic

Can you say BIASED?!?! I can respect the effort but not the total outcome. Everybody has there own twist on who's the 'top whatever' but lets also analyze the source - VH1=MTV=Viacom