using signatures on your beats

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i found something i would like to use as my signature i was just wondering how many many people here use them i heard some while listening to tracks here some were cool and some are over used i just want to get some feedback on using signatures

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Tag and bag 'em

Is there a difference between a tag and a signature? I put tagz throught my tracks when I post them online and when I give out demo's. If you don't ,people who think it's half way descent will chop ya shit up and jack u. when you tag your beats if someone's really interested in purchasing your tracks they'll do what they can to get in touch with you!!!!! PROTECT YA NECK HOMIEZ!!!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
u know i use 'em... lol

it depends tho when i use 'em. If im just showcasing beats on a beat tape or the internet. Then i put my signature all over it.

As for final album tracks with rhymes and stuff on it. I might not use it for emotional, or RnB type joints.

But i recommend signatures on ya beats. Its all about branding your name and sound.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Signatures / voice tags on an "amateur" track seems fine, but what i find more appealing are the tracks that have the producers signature sound all over them.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
HHHHOOOOLLLLLMMMMZZZZZZZZZZ !!!

and soon to be implented

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LOL i was about to mention your signature being the most recognizable on the board

R

raven2t2

I havent found nething cool enough yet but I like Mike Diesel's sig the big azz trucker horn like at the beginning of "knockin doors down" and "mr.jones" its pretty tight

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Also I think the orginal intent of the thread is a signature"sound"...Being like you can tell if premiere made a beat or Pete Rock or even lil john because they have a sound that sounds like them...
I use too many diff drum kits I think at this point to really say that I do.
I guess like if you found a certain snare and used it all the time that would be one way...
Or just the way you put them together as well or your recording technique..

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
i think he means voice tags because he talks about some use them and some here overuse them. The guys who over use them use as theft protection, so if some1 would rip the beat he needs to rap over the voicetags so you will always know he jacked it and you are the real man who produced it.

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
signature, is like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa alchemist, so everybody who heard the song recognises you made the beat. Voice tag is all over the beat to prevent the beat from being stolen and looped up. Correct me if i'm wrong.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Just don't let your signature be hotter than your beat. I've heard that quite a few times. Just a word of advice...

members online