Used in court

Cheese

ill o.g.
iight you know when you save something to a floppy disk and when you put the mouse over that item on the disk and the time and date shows up. Can that be used as proof that you made the beat first?

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Put the disk in an envelope and mail it to yourself. The postmark should work. It's the cheapest way to copyright shit. Don't open the package when it comes back though. And find a way to keep track of whats in the envelope.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THAT SHiT DoNT HoLD UP iN CoURT

RELEASE;

C

Carpe Diem

Word, its still worth doin if u cant afford to get it done properly tho...

Carpe

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
...no it's not. You can't get any money unless you register your material, so what's the point. And why is everybody so cheap? If you can put up over a G to make the music, why not $30 to protect it.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
What about sampled joints though? I have hella sampled beats over composed joints and I heard that your sampled joints can't get compyrighted without payiong for the sampls first? Isn't that true?

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^tough to say, i heard it depends on the leagth of the sample, and weather or not the sampled artists comes after you.

I guess the copy write people arent beat diggers, so copywirte sampled material, and its no thing if no one steps up and says "hey thats mine"

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Getting those samples cleared useually cost crazy cheese! I heard about rediculious fees for samples under 30 sec

please believe