USB Hub?

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Illfam!

Okay, what do I need to have my oxygen 8, trigger finger, and usb turntable all connected at the same time? I only have 2 usb slots and one is used by my mouse. I tried a 2.0 powered hub, but nothing could get recognized?!?!? BTW, I use a HP laptop. How do ya'll do this? 1

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Illfam!

Okay, what do I need to have my oxygen 8, trigger finger, and usb turntable all connected at the same time? I only have 2 usb slots and one is used by my mouse. I tried a 2.0 powered hub, but nothing could get recognized?!?!? BTW, I use a HP laptop. How do ya'll do this? 1

connecting thru usb is not always good imo. I had that same problem as I started adding pieces. what I use is MOTU Fastland-USB. Where u have your oxygen and trigger finger I have my Axiom and MPC2k. There connected to the MOTU by way of midi and the MOTU connects to the computer by way of usb. I can't give any advice on the usb turntable.

I assume your trigger finger is the main controller. You would midi out of the trigger finger into (A) of the MOTU, then midi (A) out of the MOTU to midi in of your oxygen, then midi out of your oxygen to midi in of the trigger finger.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Thanks Drama, this is what I need to know. The USB shit didn't work so I'm gonna research the MOTU. Hold up..... Damn!!! http://www.motu.com/products/midi/fastlane_usb/ Okay, thanks man. Whoo! $79? That price sound right? Again THANKS!

No problem. You'll have to get power supplies for your oxygen and trigger finger if you don't already have them. I bought mine from Wal mart....they're just ac adapters..not expensive