Turntable..Deck?

Phiba Optix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What deck/turntable are you rockin and how did you come about owning it?

My story is a lil bit fucked up, but here goes...

I started out sampling tracks off CD and downloading them and shit as a lot of cats prolly do. Then it got to the point when I thought damn everything I download whats saying the next cat isn't downloading this shit? So I thought I need a deck... I mean I had two not long before I started producing when I used to (try and) DJ... but they got sold. So I was on a madd hunt for a cheapass deck from somewhere... but everywhere sold them in twos. Apart from like big stores that wanted madd cash for a single deck. Next thing I know, my boi tells me he got one sitting in his loft doing fuck all cuz he broke the other one to it. So he gives me that shit (Some Numark thing) and its all cool and shit.

Now, I thought this shit would plug right into my producing mixer.... NAHHH did it fuck!! So I need to get a DJ Mixer now. A few weeks later I manage to hustle one from 1981 off my other boi. So I set this shit up all hyped up and shit......

There is no fuckin needle in the stylus! So I have to go and grab a needle from the nearest DJ Store (by the way it took me like a month to get off my lazy ass and grab this shit) and....... Sets that shit up. Plugs the phonos in my mixer... then tries to plug the phonos into my deck... and they dont seem to fit properly... so I give them a little force...and... FUCK!!! I broke it... Pushed the phono thing right in... then as I try to pull it out the little wires break off it inside....................

Now, I am thinking... Does god want me to sample or what here? I mean I was really feelin fucked over right here. But I hold my head high and ask round to borrow a soldering iron off someone to solder this shit back... But no muthafucka owns a solderin iron these days. So I hadda go buy one of these things, which again, took me like a few weeks to get off my ass and go buy one of these things.

Gets back, solders my little wires back... ensuring the phonos are plugged in before I solder so afterwards I dont have to fuck around. It all goes very smoothly... Whacks a vinyl on... and WTF!? There is a loud ass humming noise....

Thinking it might be the mixer... Cuz it really was from 1981... I went and copped a new mixer the very same day (Yes I was getting pissed off at this stage)... Plugged that shit in.... and ohh my god... Its still there!!!!

And to make a long story short.... I copped a brand new stanton deck today! Which was the very last one in the shop (as it was the display model) and boy do I feel satisfied... All this vinyl I been coppin works perfect now and I have some nice little gems to flip might I add... after copping a load more today as well...

So yea, thats my long sad story about how I got to own a brand new stanton deck and mixer.... after being given a shitty deck and mixer, haha...

And my moral today is, good things come to those who wait!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
technics sl-b202 garage sale for 15 bux. all i did was replace the belt

bassic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
im not rockin 1. I came really close i nearly came about coppin ur Newmark (4 FREE ASWELL!!!!) until u fucked it up so ima gonna have 2 get off my ass an purchase 1

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
2 1200's My wife purchased them 8 years ago when we were dating. She would slip $ money the register everyday where we worked. She saved enogh to buy 2 used twelves from a mutual friend that stockpiled equipment. Needless to say, I was surprised at the gift and the means of purchase. She claimed that it was fair since they would neber give her a raise.
Rane ttm54i
shure sc35c

ill o.g.
Chrono said:
Numark TT-1650
Gemini PMX-04
Shure KSM-27

uhhh? isn't the KSM-27 a friggin microphone?lol

anyway I thought I had copped a free pair of SL 1200's from my pops but when I got them they turned out to be some old relics tehnic 1500's or some crazy shyt long story short there old and rusty one wont even turn on and the other one atleast spins regardless Ive decided to just buy one this is what Ive decided on.

Stanton Str-8 30b
a Denon DN-X300 or a Stanton ???
and of course m447's

J

J-Bust

technics 1200 MK II in black
vestax pmc 07-pro
2 X Stanton Str8-60's
ecler concept 3 mixer
2 X Shure M44-7's
2 X Stanton Dj Craze Stylus

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Gemini XL500 mk IIs'. Before that, I had a pair of Technics belts with the pitch wheel insteat of sliders.

I'm going to add a CDJ of some type to my setup soon.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I got 2 vestax cdj's I have barely used , I "like em" but the thing I miss is beinb able to feel the table spin underneath the wax...I know that sounds weird but just pressin down on the little thing and trying to scratch just doesnt feel right...
Im waiting to get a casket for them and Ill try and start rockin em..
Of course if I sell both of them maybe I can afford 1 numark cdj where the platter spins but its cd cuttin.
That would be the shit...

T

The Bastard

2 1200's My wife purchased them 8 years ago when we were dating. She would slip $ money the register everyday where we worked. She saved enogh to buy 2 used twelves from a mutual friend that stockpiled equipment. Needless to say, I was surprised at the gift and the means of purchase. She claimed that it was fair since they would neber give her a raise.
Rane ttm54i
shure sc35c

thats a down ass girl riskin her job n shit to make u happy, i need to find a girl like that

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Rane ttm54i
shure sc35c

YES!!! very jealous of you, a girl that steals money from her work to buy you music gear, very sexy lol Good Job catch'n her