TT buzz and still grounded!! help!

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wudup guys. so i did mad research on this site and google and tried many different things and im having no luck. here is my problem:
i have my turntable that is connected to a phono pre-amp>beringer recording mixer> MPC. im getting this annoying buzz. my table is already grounded on the table and on the preamp. grouding took away most of the buzz, but not all. there is this small but noticable buzz that wont go away. its killing me and making it pointless to have a table since i cant record with this buzz. i have tried the following.

1) trying different RCAs and 1/4 inch cables
2) using the 1\4 out on the phono preamp instead of RCA
3) messing with levels on mixer and mpc
4) moving equipment away from each other
5) tried pluging all my equipment into seperate outlets and same
6) cried and asked it nicely
7) de and re attached the wires on the cartraige
8) went back to GC and swapped for another phono preamp.

one thing i did notice is whenever i unplug the white RCA cable on either the TT or the preamp, the buzzing goes away...but so does all the audio. so the last 2 things i can think of are the TT having a bad white RCA jack or maybe i need a power conditioner. but those seem pretty farfetched to me. Can anyone recomend anything else for me to try?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Hmmm, I was thinking power conditioner as I was reading it, you have done everything that I can think of.

It seems to me that its prolly comming from the TT, tried changing the stylus?

Im having a similar problem, but Ill put it in another thread.

What happens when you turn down the mpc rec input and up the mixer output?

What happens when you turn up the mpc rec and down the mixer output?

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ive changed both the mpc input and mixer output both ways and the hum is still there. ive tried messing with the EQ, all that madness. after work, im going to unplugg everything and start pluggin in things 1 by 1. maybe i can find something that way. thanks for the response.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Try hooking your turntable up to another system.That would at least eliminate it as the source if there is no buzz. I was thinking it could be a crossed wire or bad connection inside your turntable. ??????????

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ok so i tried plugging everything into the same strip. no change. my boy came through with his dj mixer. i hooked it up and sho nuff, no buzz whatsoever. so i guess im going to take back the phono preamp, again, and get a dj mixer instead. im tired of trying to figure this out....damn, beat making can get expensive. haha. but anyway, thanks for everyones input.

members online