trigger finger problem here

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright im having a different problem with the trigger finger i just got for xmas, it isnt triggering the notes in like a continuing order, even with the fpc, pad 1 on my trig will trigger like pad 2 on the fpc and pad 2 on my trig will trigger like pad 4 on the fpc, i was wondering if anyones had this problem and what they did to fix it, is there a way to get it to be like pad 1 triggers C5 and then so on in a fashion like that not jumping around like to C3 and like sharps and shit by just going one pad over?

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright after 5 hours i finally got it good, thats including hte time it took to figure out that there was some kind of a problem installing it, then configuring it to work with fruity loops and the layered channels and the fpc, so if anyone is thinking about getting the trigger finger for their FL setup, i wouldnt reccomment it unless you are ready for a headache

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
can you give some details about how this device even works? i know what it is and everything, but how difficult is it to use on FL? I'm thinkin' bout gettin it.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
okay well it comes with software to make it a snap to use wiht like ableton and reason and a bunch of otehr programs and shit but it says nothing about floops. this was pretty much only hard because the manual sucks and because i had to like trouble shoot and shit, but in order to use it correctly you have to like edit each button on the pad with the knobs on the pad. like they were set to go all over the place, so i had to set the first one as C3 to trigger C5 in floops, dont ask me why i have no clue, and then D3 then E3 and so on with sharps if you want, and you have to save that, and then its a whole nother story if you fucking want to use it with fpc, youll have to not only edit your pads but also each pad in fpc so that it triggers the right pad in the software, then youll have to save those presets and upload those presets everytime you open an FPC, which is shitty.... NOW, after i finally get everything figured out and fuck up a whole bunch of times, it's good, i have two presets loaded into the hardware that can like allow me to change from a mode where im triggering different sounds in a layer, then i can switch into a mode thats good for playing basslines, untill i get a keyboard that is. once you get all the shit figured out its nice, but i had such a headache and i got super pissed, at one point i was just thinking man fuck this im selling this thing, but once u figure it out its tight

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
FPC has a MIDI Learn function, so I doubt the Trigger Finger will be difficult in FL.

J

Josh Furey

Yo tre, get at me please, I switched my trigger finger to my pc with fruity loops and now i have no clue how to set this shit up.

S

Sol Munition

Easiest way to use teh Triggerfinger with FPC is like AMG said - use the midi learn: select the pad you want to set up, scroll to very bottom of the box that shows what note the pad is set to play to and at the bottom should be 'lrn', leave it on that and hit the pad that you want linked and voila!

Liek Trebeats said, you have to save the preset, or you have to go in and setup everytime you want to use the FPC and Triggerfinger together. What I did was set it as a preset and just included the preset FPC in a template with all the other channels and nonsense I generally use

members online