tracking out beats

BrothaMann

ill o.g.
can anyone tell me how to go about tracking out a beat using the mpc 1000? when I'm finished with the basic beat and i want to shape it to fit an artist i usually record the beat into acid track by track and then rearrange it after that. its kinda time intensive so i was wanting to know is there a better way of doing this?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Your actually doing it right having to record out track by track. The only alternative would be to set up the your 1000 to have a single track coming out of each of the 6 outputs, but you would also need a sound card with atleast 6 inputs. Then you could record six tracks at once into your software sequencer. I go thru the same thing your going thru recording one thack at a time.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
If you know how to use the markers in your program its possibly good to go with the loop if you have your sequencer midi's up right it should record all of that info from your song header, but I had this happen to me once....the markers in my Protools were not the same info that someone that had digital performer or the multi program on the other end was using had....the markers will record the length of the song it will appear as a loop but when they open it up in the program it should expand the length according to the markers in your program....anyhow where the artist took the tracks the session info and markers were not completely in sync....it caused a huge confusion.....my experience is track the beat thru the entire time....it will be worth it sometimes the copy pasting experience is not a precise as you would think either......

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
the mpc tracks out by pads, not tracks. So you can track up to 6 individual sounds, if each sound is on one pad. example: closed hat(1), open hat(2), kick drum(3), snare(4), sample loop(5), LP filter sample loop(6). Six pads, six sounds, one take :). Easy!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
AMG said:
the mpc tracks out by pads, not tracks. So you can track up to 6 individual sounds, if each sound is on one pad. example: closed hat(1), open hat(2), kick drum(3), snare(4), sample loop(5), LP filter sample loop(6). Six pads, six sounds, one take :). Easy!!!

That is true but the essence of (and yes I have seen the process done with some pros in the studio many times) it tracks out per track when you dump...if you sequence the kick on track 1, snare track2..kick track 3 and motif on midi on track 4 its per track trust me.....your tracking out is limited by the number of outputs you have...if you have the standard on the mpc 1000 2...you can do a dump only 1 stereo track at a time.....on my old 3000 and 2000 I could track the beats 3 stereo or 6 mono tracks at one pass...I think we getting confused with the terminology but thats what I am talking when I use the term tracking, printing <---real old skool talk.....the beats--- good info though AMG, I have also seen people put their whole song on the mpc like you described including vocals.

also to track its real easy....

SOLO each track one at a time midi or drum on the mpc....
sync with protools and dump I have an extensive overiew at least 2x of the process from a few years ago if you search....I think Classic did a video of how he does it from last year also.

Ema

ill o.g.
How do you track buy the track instead of the pad. Eg. if i want to track out sounds from my keys its obiously not assigned to a pad (when using the 1000). Also midi wise and audio wise how do most of you guys have your connections going because my keys only have 1 midi in and 1 out and i need those for the MPC so i hane no midi slots left for hooking up to my sound card, will this effect it or is adio enough. Sorry if im jacking this thread i just cant get my head around controlling tracks not pads such as controlling volumes of individual tracks not pads. Thanx guys