Tracking MPC in DAW

Skott Hall

Battle Points: 15
Per the recommendation of my good old friend FADE. I am looking into tracking my mpc 1000 into a daw to have extended flexibility with my beats.

I have a couple questions If someone would be so kind to help me out.

1st. It looks like Ive narrowed down the program I will be using to do this to FL studio 11, out of the other daws I have available (cubase 5, and adobe audition CC) It seems this would be the easiest to set up in.

2. I have a couple midi cables on the way but for right now I'm just trying to set the software up so once I get them I'm good to go. However, When I go into my Midi options in Fl studio, and even Cubase for that matter, My sound card is not a selectable device. Is this because theres currently no midi chain connected or is my sound card junk?

3. Lastly. Im trying to get the hang of multi tracking in fl studio, but while recording my audio, the recording keeps being dropped down to the channel below the previous at the end of a pattern ( even in song mode) almost like its in a loop recording, Im trying to get my audio to record to a single track left to right in linear fashion for like the length of a song, can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong? thanks

Skott Hall

ok is it showing the Interface in your Computers device manager?
Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices & Printers > Device Manager
Ill have to double check when I get home tonight. My instinct tells me yes because the sound card is selectable as an option for AUDIO in every daw I have. recording works fine as well. Its in the midi settings that the card is MIA. I was hoping it was just because i didn't have any cables connected but thinking about it logically I feel that the sound card should still be selectable as a midi option as long as the sound card is connected and working properly.

Skott Hall

A huge reason of why Id like to do this also is because I sample a lot of shit on youtube that sometimes makes my beats end up sounding thin. I'm hoping I can beef those chopped samples up in fl studio somehow. So if anyone has some advice on that Id appreciate it to. should probably start a new thread for that and focus on the task at hand tho.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
mpc.png

members online