Tough Question: Defining Moment

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
In the Last 5 years what artist and the song they dropped was The Most Defining Moment for Hip Hop ?:cool: .....The artist/Producer/group and the Song can be either something Commercial or underground I just wanna see where peoples heads are at and what they think.....Remember this is not a who is better thread but a personal choice on what you think.

You can only Name 1 producer/artist/group and Song

also if you want you can add whether the lyrics or the track was your reason for what you pick I am looking for both though.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm actually trying to learn how to use samples, since I'm more a composer than a sampler... Since I just started the sampling, I gotta say both CDs from Kanye were my defining moments, it made me see that sampling and composing could go hand in hand...

I'm not a big fan of Kanye, but I give him the props that he deserves...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
The most definitive moment in hip hop history was not one song or album but in my opinion it was when Outkast won Album of The Year at that awards show.

For years, rappers would win awards and it wasn't even televised, but when they dropped
Speakerbox/The Love Below, the mainstream HAD to recognize because "Hey Ya" had "the internet goin' nuts!"

It was official proof that hip hop is a force to be reckon with and here to stay.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"I'mma tell you like Banks told me, cuz go ahead and switch your style up,
if niggaz hate them let 'em hate and watch the money pile up..."

50 Cent

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I'm a big NY/NJ East Coast hip hop fan...but I'd have to say the emergence of the South in Hip hop...and I say that because even NY rappers nowadays try to emulate their style. I mean 50 didn't sell no records till he started pronouncing shit like he's from the South...
"Every fuckin rapper gotta do a dirty south track, a bounce track.
Like a nigga can't blow up without dat, I doubt dat
Kobe can't get a ring w/o Shaq, take that"--Saigon

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Kool Herc's face on VH1's ode to hip hop.

Hip Hop can't even honor our forefathers correct....the future looks bleak.

If there's one person who deserves to be on a pedistal it's that kat.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Dead Prez... for going where no one else would dare to go since Public Enemy... To bad that these cats are swept under the fucking rug in a major way... Man I love all these niggaz shit...