Top Hip Hop Drum Kit?

MaZaMuNe

AKA Westnyle Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
About Modernbeats, they are grabage, i had them from a undisclosed source for awhile and thought they were wack now im sampling my drums from the older songs 25 years +

They say that its a famous producers kit to sell, when really the drums are retardedly off...

ill o.g.
whoever wonders shit like this needs to READ, and browse this site. the resources forum - looking for sounds thread is FULL of sample sources fools peep it and get off ya lazy ass and do something with it. you want drum breaks or old vinyl drum breaks, i posted a link towards the end of that thread to a site FULL of all those old classic breaks and THEN some. (literally HUNDREDS to find on there good ones too)
i have dowenloaded alot of these breaks and sliced m, and have found DOZENS of good links to single drum hit samples (among many other type of samples) in just that little thread alone. personally atm (due to what the above mentioned) drums and drum samples are the last fucking thing im worried about.

( i wouldnt know about kits, dont use kits myself, i do what all the people above said, which i recommend you do as well)

peace

ill o.g.
yo the above reaction was kind of off topic and a bit wack im sorry. im havin a semi bad day today, was snappin at my gf and shit too :/, but im just finishing a J as i type this and am a bit more RELAXED hehehe, so please ignore this shit above, and peace out

(but please, do check out the resources forum for kits or samples, there are gems in there you gotta take the time and look for m though)

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use to look for kits but now i just go through old vinyl and shit it gives you that raw feel cant go wrong start up your own collection than you will have that different sound because a thousand other producers got you drums when you have a package but if you dig than you will be more satisfied

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
jnxe said:
imo every hiphop drum sample cd i heard sounds weak, the release on the sounds are to short and they have little impact, plus they sound very digital. i would much rather have a collection of my own vinyl samples.

EXACTLY, the release is always FUCKIN TOO SHORT, that's what I hate with kits.

Cloudchamber

ill o.g.
I just discovered this the other day, and my heart is still racing.

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit.html

It's a free soundfont (also available as .wav) that provides some of the best results I've ever heard. Its a simple drumkit, but there are about 20 velocity layers for each sound--and everything is very HQ. I was shocked that it was free. If you're going to use the soundfont, I recommend >512 RAM; otherwise, get the .wavs. The only drawback is that its not 24bit--but then, neither is vinyl.

members online