Top 10 Favorites

J

JBE

i know i'm gonna leave someone out, but i'll give it a shot anyway...

in no particular order

Aesop Rock (has a flow, delivery and writing style like no other. poetic without being pretencious.)

The RZA (IMHO, he's got one of the most mind-blowing deliveries out there, i'm all about his frantic style, and he has the ability to simultaneously come off as threatening, mournful and hopeful. and i don't think i need to mention his production abilities)

KRS-One and Chuck D (two words to sum up both of them: Knowledge and Power)

Andre 3000 (i don't think i really need to explain this one)

El-P (pretty much same reasons i really feel RZA, not to mention he's one of those cats who can actually get away with not rhyming)

Wyclef (at least from his Fugees days, i haven't checked out much of his solo stuff for some reason. individuality, creativity and versatility.)

Beans (what can i say, i'm a fan of abstract flows and lyricism, and Beans is one of the most abstract emcees out there)

Kool Keith (of course, the king of abstract emceeing)

Breezy Brewin' (just an all around great emcee with, once again, one of the most interesting flows out there.)

these are just off the top of my head, i'm sure i'm leaving a bunch of cats out, but that's how it goes.

yo, and what's your top ten, Stress?

peace and respect

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
JBE,,nice selections,,

here' s mines:

*I tried to put them in order,,,

1)KRS 1-No MC can touch him lyrically,,written or freestyle
2)Q-Tip-Is exactly as he says, "Abstract Poetic",,plus my inspiration to rhyme!!!(+ Low End Theory=Greatest album of all time!)
3)Talib Kweli-Most underated MC today
4)Big Daddy Kane-Who doesn't like him????
5)Big L-(RIP) There's no DITC without him,,,
6)El-P-JBE already summed that up for me!
7)Mos Def-Bringin love to Hip Hop.
8)Pharoh Monch-The wordplay is just f*kin ILL
9)Big Pun-(RIP)Was on his way to be the best wordsmith we ever saw...
10)Redman-Okay, OKay,,I may be bias(Brick City!!!!!) But dude is nice,,,1st album was bananas!!!

comin in after them,,,,Phife,LL,Kool G Rap,Souls of Mischief(Thats when ya lost,,,)

E

Equality 7-2521

yo jbe...whos this Andre 3000 cat?

not in order:

KRS
Aes Rock
Labtekwon
Busdriver
Radioinactive
Dose One
Phoenix Orion
Opio
Charli Tuna
Pressure MC (aussie)

J

JBE

messenger- he's the slightly higher voiced, skinnier cat from Outkast. oh, and word up for givin doseone some love.

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
this is in no special order so here goes except for the #1...

1. Common (hands down the best. he"s poetic, abstract, political, freestyle, soul, and funk all rolled into one dope MC. plus he's from illinois.)

Mos Def and Talib Kweli (solo they're dope as f@$%, together they are the illest.)

KRS-ONE (nuff said)

PlugOne from De La (been rippin cats a new one since the eighties!)

Biggie (the best "gangsta" rapper of all time with the way he could suck you into what he was saying and make you want to listen to his stories.)

Charli2Na (that deep voice is hypnotizing, plus his rhymes are on point everytime.)

Q-tip (exactly what stress said except for me rhymin)

Beastie Boys (all 3 cuz there all dope. they can get political yet always keep it funky as hell.)

Slick Rick (he is the storyteller. smooth as hell.)

i gotta give eleven cuz after i typed all this shit i realised i forgot someone.

Guru (been killin it for years)

there's so many others that i cant think of right now. but this sums it up pretty good. hip hop's been sooooo good to us.

peace

p.s. i saved the best for last...... NELLY muthaf%$#ers (jus kiddin, i should slap myself)

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
In no particular order:

Biggie
Big-L
Big Pun
Nas
Method Man
Shells
Jay-Z
KRS-One
Ras kas
Jadakiss

Lyric wise these cats jump out to me initially.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
JAda
pac
jay
tela
bun b
scarface
mytical
andre( ice cold 3000)
trick daddy,( not past year stuff)
the G( local lyrical monsta)

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
big
pac
pun
nas
jay
mos
talib
common
andre and big boi (especially andre on the last verse of elevator!! omg!)
black thought

honorable mention:
k-os (you may not like that superstar song, but listen to the rest)
jada
them kats from jurassic 5
for the south: t.i. hands down, he just gets played out down here
old snoop

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
in order

1.Pac
2.Pun
3.Big
4.z-ro
5.Nas
6.Methodman
7.Spice1
8.Scarface
9.Bun B
10.Crooked I

p.s. Stresswon I seen that dude you got that pic of I seen one of his videos on the ol' school hip hop on mtv show but te tv was on mute:headbang:

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
All my favorites have been said exept Vast Aire (Cannibal Ox). He's so threatening.

"if you don't suceed, try try again/ step on the mic, and die again"

J

JBE

word up. i always thought that vast never got the respect he deserved. IMO he has one of the coolest deliveries/voices around, not to mention his rhymes give some great visuals sometimes

"when a mic descended from up and above into the hood"

S

StaffChamp

No order

1.Rza
2.Malice
3.Andre 3000
4.Black thought (no one else likes this genius???)
5. Mr. Lif
6. Tupac
7. Jigga
8. Nas
9. Method Man
10. 8 Ball

K

KillaMitrxxx

1)jay-z
2)ludacris
3)eminem
4)twista
5)devin the dude
6)robb slim
7)jadakiss
8)pharaohe monch
9)nas
10)mos def

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1.2pac
2.Eminem
3.E-40
4.Biggie
5.Devin the dude
6.Yukmouth
7.Keak da sneak
8.Too Short
9.Kurupt
10.Mac Dre
Much love to KillaMitrxxx for havin' Devin on his list. That man's 2 albums are fuckin bomb. Y'all might not know him but keak's new album is hard, go swoop it. How do so many of y'all not have pac on your list. In my opinion he's hands down numero uno.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Goldy_C
Im 19 dog but its like at that time I just heard his voice but never seen his face before

never bought an album of his? or at least seen one of his in the record store, his face is on some recordcovers..........:confused: