Time 4 another level

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Waddup y'all?
Thx for not answering to my last thread, but anyway hehe...

So I read a lot bout equipment and I will probably buy an Mc-505
( I loved to work with the mc-303) and Emu Mophatt.

I don't sample anything, except some nice tunes for a complete track ( exorcist theme, some shit like that) , but no sounds. I got an Mc-303 an the Yamaha CS1X synth. ( really not for Hip-Hop hehe).

I think will never buy an MPC 'cause that ain't what I need.
What do you think bout my choice? Are there any better drummachines or sound modules?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't know about the 505. Sure it's got a sequencer, but having all those dance samples with probably make you wanna produce that kind of stuff!

Are you looking for a drum machine, or a sequencer?

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm only looking for a good drummachine with a lot of good sounds ( also using a sound module), steprecordin' it all.

I don't like to work with samples, I always wanted to do my own tracks with my own sounds.

So I will never buy a MPC or sth like that. I use cool edit pro for my arrangements, for the rest I don't use any software, I use the PC only for recordin' it.

I don't feel them producers no mo' which are only workin with samples. This shit is gettin' old.

I wanna have a sound like Presidential Campaign ( production team for Master P), Manny Fresh, Lil Jon, Jazzy Pha or Three Six Mafia.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I hear ya.

What about the Roland Dr-5? I remember checking that piece out a few years back and the sounds on it were kinda tight, plus it had tons of stuff on it. There's also the Boss Dr-550, and it's real cheap today.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I checked all the boss products ( drummachines,...) out.

I think they are the best for programming drums, but I would be very limitated, because I always program everything with my machine.

So I need sth with a lot of strings, piano and bass sounds on board.

It's rather difficult to programm everything, using all the instruments from another equipment. I need a good number of sounds on my drummachine. Afterwards I will use other or better ones from another keyboard or sound module.

I think I'll stick to my decision buyin' an MC-505, Although there are a lot of options I won't need, I can use some of them sounds to program my shit and afterwards I will chose mo' appropriated an better sounds.

What about Mophatt? Are there any better sound modules?

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chek the Jamah RMX Series.....there are 2 of them, on new and one old ('bout 600$) I think they have some good "HipHop-Synth sounds".....

B

Briellz

Akai MPC 2000XL, Triton, ASR 10, SP 1200........

Save your money and cop either one of those........Thats what I did.