Timbaland

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Is it just me or is the jump off by lil kim an example of a pure lazy beat that's probally no longer than two bars I think that beat is a horrible peice of work and the laziest beat tim did since ugly for bubba sparks....I normally love tim when he puts things out like raise petey pablo but i think he hasn't done anything decent since petey's album

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
osset

I understand what you mean about hot is hot..But if you really listen to that missy song with luda it's about a 1 or to bar beat but it sounds complex and full but where as the jump off sounds just as simple as world war three by swiss beats I just would expect more from tim

B

BeatOff

Say what? that beat is dope, Complex does not always = Hot. That shit is fresh and original. Have you heard the Ms Jade album? That shit has beats on it.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
That timbo/Lil Kim is HOT. The arrangement is super simple but its still dopeness. It'll get a party crackin quick. I mean if you just wanna chill it might not be the beat for you, but if you're at a club or a party nobody cares about chord progressions and movements. Club tracks shouldnt be too complicated in my opinion. Tracks like this have their purpose and timbo is good at what he does. When I'm on the floor I dont wanna hear depressing chord progressions over a drum loop samples. I just need somethin bangin to toss a girl to. 1/2 to 1 bar loop at the most :D

C

Copenhagen

Yo...I like that beat. It's simple and easy to approach...the exact recipe for a party beat.
Ms Jade has nice beats to...especially ching ching (part 2)...simple again...but nice.
On Missy's I personally like that song with Ms Jade on it...where she raps over a reversed beat in the middle.
For party tracks...Timbo knows what he's doing.

B

BeatOff

^^^ Word up, slow jams too, he makes some of the dopest slow jam beats i've ever heard, totally different approach and its some hard smooth shit unlike what everybody else is doing with the same damn boring R&B that has sounded the same since 92.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I'am a tim fan and I must first explain that I'm not tim bashin in any way I just feel that now that he's in the game hard and probally the second best producer in the game (Dr Dre is # 1) he has gotten a little lazy perfect example of his laziness missy's get your freak on and Bubba sparxx ugly.....same beat....The last thing I want to be seen as is a hater I'm tryin to get where he is but i feel he should not recycle and be lazy.....petey pablo's first album was tim at his best and that's the timbaland I want to hear

C

Copenhagen

On another note (than Timbo), anybody else like Baby (Birdman) - 'What happened to that boy' and Busta's...oh damn can't remember the name, I think its no. 6 on the CD...those 2 beats are straight out the jungle...

On an entirely different note, can't wait ti hear the new Gangstarr.
Primo's beat for 'Battle' on 8 Mile was bangin' but Guru's lyrics and flow was weak. Hope that they are going to try new things (but still represent what Gangstarr is all about).

B

BeatOff

The Baby Clap that boy beat is hot, but why are the neptunes and maybey 3 other producers the only damn people used?

P

Prophet

timbaland have many hits right now in top40 in Europe. he always is on Bravo Charts. He stays different when all try to copy one another.

He also has people who make songs for him, and he puts his name on song. this helps him and other producer make money. timbaland had the neptunes work in his studio before they went off on their own.

B

Briellz

The Jump off beat is hot! Im feelin the trumpets! I must say the song is a true club banger out here. When it comes on...everybody gets crazy in the club.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Definitely. If you're in a club in NorthernCali when that song comes on you WILL have a girl's ass in your face. Timbo makes club bangerz period. That shit is hard to do.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Some Guy

It's not hard to do here it is if that's that much of a club banger
than that proves a good point about the game today.........It's not what you know it's who you know

B

Briellz

Have ya'll noticed that most club bangers consist of songs with silly ass hooks? or they just have that one part in the song that everybody sings..(for example....LIL KIM- JUMP OFF.....the part where she's like "OH.......(BEAT)..........OH......")

ONE!

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
Some Guy

It's not hard to do here it is if that's that much of a club banger
than that proves a good point about the game today.........It's not what you know it's who you know

Nah thats not the game today, Thats the way the game has alwayz been. Connections will get you everywhere. I dont think it has anything to do with the hotness of that beat tho. Thats just a dope track. Simple or not.

A lot of peeps think Primo is the best producer but Primo cant make a club bang like Timbo can. So Primo is better at what he does, and Timbo is better at what he does. Cant really freak a bitch to some old jazz sample over a drum loop, that shit is wack in the club. But if im loungin its perfect.

Just cuz that timbo beat is arranged simply dont really mean its easy to do. Its easy to duplicate it but not easy to come up with it yourself.

C

Copenhagen

Primo has done some nice beats for Craig David that was played at clubs here in Europe...not similar to Timbo but still nice club beats.