Thoughts on elitism and conspiracy threads here.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I noticed a lot of posts on conspiracies and elitism/class type shit in threads. I'm not going to argue over their validity or not - it's not worth my time and it's something you can't prove/disprove/whatever. Plausible deniability is a tough bitch to fight against.

What I am going to say is:

Elitism exists, fucking deal with it, it is prevalent in any society where there is an unequal distribution of wealth (that means EVERY FUCKING SOCIETY IN THE KNOWN WORLD except for an occasional tribe or some shit.)

I have been discriminated against, I have been called racist slurs. I know that I will not get into certain "circles" of people because of my background.

I understand that society is structured a certain way, I'm fucking pragmatic, so I understand that it's not going to change into a fucking hand-holding love-fest any fucking time soon. So I deal with it. I try to see the world as it is, flaws and all, accept that I'm being fucked up the ass by a constituency or that group of people when they didn't want to hire me, etc.

The thing you guys should take from this is DON'T LET ANGER TOWARDS SOMETHING ELSE take away from your HUMAN POTENTIAL. That is your potential for creativity, etc. Cats start losing focus, then start losing their heads, start doing drugs n' shit, and then get crazy ass conspiratorial on you.

I see this shit whenever I talk to musicians that say they "failed" or whatever. They start blaming others for their misfortunes - like some record exec, or blaming the "industry" or whatever the fuck. I know one of the most talented guitar players in the world, who started fucking up because he wasn't getting the gigs he wanted.

Why? Because he lived in Austin, TX. He wanted to be a session player rather than in a bar band, and I told him:

"Why don't you move the fuck to L.A. or Nashville."
"I have a good bar gig - pays 1,000 bucks a week."
"Right - so don't blame me cuz I'm not helping you out. You're playing it 'safe' and staying in Austin rather than taking a risk."
"Well..."
"Admit it, you're a pussy. Move to L.A., and you'll have work. Move to Nashville and you'll get work. I know you're good, but you're scared and don't want to show it. You're a pussy, and the world doesn't revolve around you - though the world actually does revolve around real pussy."

You catch my drift.

Don't get sidetracked with weird-ass ideas about how everyone is fucking with you. Here's another story:

I know there are cats from the 'hood on this forum, and you guys pretty much see the system as fucking with you. I know the argument and the idea - heard it plenty of times. I just know that talking to some of the hiphop cats coming from the 'hood - they'd rather take a welfare check than actually work for some punkass boss and participate in the "system that is fucking them."

I am not disputing the theory, I heard it - understand it - the theory is not the problem, it's the fact that he was acting like he lost. A great rapper, but the constant defeatism (which he argued is propagated by the system - AND I AM NOT ARGUING THIS THEORY) fucked with his head. It got into his head that he wasn't "worth shit" and didn't have creative/human potential.

There are so many brilliant minds in the ghettoes that - IF they had the schooling, IF they had the right families, would be scientists, doctors, etc. That is lost human potential.

Don't let it get to your head, keep ya head up and see the world as it is - fucked up - but try to do something POSITIVE. Read shit that educates you on the concepts of power and how you can use it to your life.

Man, if cats from the 'hood can make good in law and the industry, try to at least think that you can do something positive. I know it's hard - ESPECIALLY for cats in the 'hood... I know the arguments, I know that cats aren't given a fighting chance to change. But try not to let it fuck with your head, empower yourself and try to do something for yourself.

If you're already caught up with a felony,served time and now can't find a job, or x amount of kids, you probably realize that you're not able to enjoy the freedoms you had before. Just fucking hang in there, I know it seems hopeless, but know that you fucking matter and have potential that's not being used (and if you're an ex-felon, then it's worse.)

It's bleak, but see reality as it is - it's a bitch - and start kicking some ass.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Nice!!
Thanks for that!
I have def been guilty of self defeatism, now that Im grow'd up and have a kid and a house its def harder to just move to LA but I suppose I could say fuck it and do it!
Got to get the BS out of the head first though! lol
Id say this is an inspiring post because at one time or another this rings true for all of us.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Nice!!
Thanks for that!
I have def been guilty of self defeatism, now that Im grow'd up and have a kid and a house its def harder to just move to LA but I suppose I could say fuck it and do it!
Got to get the BS out of the head first though! lol
Id say this is an inspiring post because at one time or another this rings true for all of us.

Look, having a kid to feed is tough. Having 7 is even tougher.

Imagine if you did move to L.A. or NYC? How many people would say you're crazy? How many people would say that you're doing the "illogical" thing. Plus, you have to think about taking care of your child - and that's tough. Hence, why some of what I said probably resonates with you (you lost some of your freedoms as a bachelor, but gained a light in your life - a child.)

I guess what I'm saying is that- in order to MOVE UP in the CLASS structures of society, a person with little means has to make enormous positive risks to try to break free and "move up."

Keep grindin', man and don't lose positivity.

fuck all that. I don't let the truth of what is real in this world affect me. It is what it is, and that's life. I just like spreadin the truth.

Word- it is what it is. NEVER let shit fuck with your mind, that's the last place you have any form of freedom of thought.

I have grown to realise the world is a fucked up place, it has been for a long time. I see things constantly deteriorating. I try to point out flaws in "the system", and try to make others realise, but most people dont really care anyway. So I have come to the conclusion, if the world economy collapses and millions of people starve to death then fuck it we deserve it for being so stupid and gullible and too scared or self obsessed to stand up and say enough is enough before it is too late. I fear its already too late, so Im just gonna make the best of what time is left and do what I can to enjoy it, and if its all bollocks and doesnt happen then all the better. When people are losing their rights much quicker than our ancestors took in blood and tears to get us, our ability to call ourselves "free" is no more, and if we aint free then what are we? Id say that would make us slaves. Bound into a slavery by the people calling themselves our leaders and using our own money for our enslavement and also their own spending sprees using public money.
The world cannot be saved, because of the nature of people. And nothing is changing human nature in a hurry.

M

Markbrav0

fuck all that. I don't let the truth of what is real in this world affect me. It is what it is, and that's life. I just like spreadin the truth.

that which is everywhere already can't be spread because it is all around us already, oh by the way saw ya video's ^ you wack you cant rhyme buh de buh de buh de das @ll folks

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I have grown to realise the world is a fucked up place, it has been for a long time. I see things constantly deteriorating. I try to point out flaws in "the system", and try to make others realise, but most people dont really care anyway. So I have come to the conclusion, if the world economy collapses and millions of people starve to death then fuck it we deserve it for being so stupid and gullible and too scared or self obsessed to stand up and say enough is enough before it is too late. I fear its already too late, so Im just gonna make the best of what time is left and do what I can to enjoy it, and if its all bollocks and doesnt happen then all the better. When people are losing their rights much quicker than our ancestors took in blood and tears to get us, our ability to call ourselves "free" is no more, and if we aint free then what are we? Id say that would make us slaves. Bound into a slavery by the people calling themselves our leaders and using our own money for our enslavement and also their own spending sprees using public money.
The world cannot be saved, because of the nature of people. And nothing is changing human nature in a hurry.

Maybe freedom comes with money. You have enough money, you are free from the rigors of daily life and can do what you want to do (to a point.) The more money you have -- the more freedom you have?

Or - because you have so much money - maybe you're more dependent on what makes you money - which gives you power but not freedom.

I don't know - I'm going to ponder this thought at the strip club for lunch.

I don't know - I'm going to ponder this thought at the strip club for lunch.

My mind has only one track at a strip club. And its not in any way political.

I need a fucking girl so I can get some real action going on without having to worry about picking something up while getting favours. I have trouble just watching, and when its in your face table dancing its too much to bear. Im a hands on type of guy, and hands on generally gets you kicked out.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i feel that post god... and i relate ... yo its like people just get comfortable with not being shit... i got sooooo many peeps from my hoemtown/neighborhood that are so talented but they just come up with excuses for themselves and are just so acusstomed to failure that they dont even try to make shit happen for themselves. In not even talking just musically, just in life in general. Alot of my homies are grown ass men who are still tryin to be the "coolest kid in high school" if that makes sense. they still do the same nonsense, same thing, same exact shit and have the same wack ass mentality. Shit i even got boys that try and fuck the same chicks they were tryin to fuck in high school. Its like "yo stupid, there is an entire world out there filled with gorgeous women, y u still tryin to tap shaquita from down the block?". They complain all day about how there life is shit and theres nothing out there, but they havent even tried to make shit happen. They look at me like some kind "sucess story" because i moved to nyc with $300 bucks in my pocket and im still here and makin moves. But in my own mind, im not even remotely close to my goals so its funny to see the difference in attitudes. It sounds funny , but its like they would rather be the coolest kid on the block then the coolest kid in the world if that makes any sense whatsoever. They have such a confined and local mentality that it makes me sick sometimes cuz they got so much potential. They basically are living there life like the shit is already over. like they already had there fun and have done all there is to do when they havent done shit. I talk to these niggas, and its like they think in slow motion lol, they are tellin me shit now that i was sayin like 3 years ago lol. I just dont get it.

one of my boys is a genius... fucking smart as shit.. crazy rapper too ... spits the craziest lines.. but dude has no motivation... no grind ... and he doesnt belive in himself. hes been doin drugs consistently since middle school and hes got some issues... he talks to himself all the time and shit .. its funny, but not really. He's my homie, but he's basically a loser. He came up to my girls party in bedstuy, brooklyn with a 40 year old ugly white chick with a 17 year old son that he was bangin at the time. And the nigga is my age. Not a good look lol. Im just there shaking my head trying to figure out wtf happened. We used to talk about making a rap group and all that shit now ill be estatic if dude just stays outta jail. He's the type to go out with the purpose of starting a fight cuz thats the only way he can fell good about himself is to talk shit and beat somebody up. His mentality is all fucked up. Defeats himself before he tries. Scared of failure, and scared of success. Really they are both the same thing.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

shutup liar the only thing ur good for is shitting in ur toilet with good reading material.....

ps....the downstairs bathroom needs more game magazines cuz i tried to follow that drawing book but i cant draw but i can play video games!!!

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
Paying attention to and critiquing the power structures of society isn't an act of defeatism.

While you have to make ends meet, joining up with organisations or structures that you have an ethical dispute with sounds more like defeatism to me.

Are you suggesting that everyone ignore facts such as that the magna carta is not really in operation any more? That's a basic legal right that has been around since the 1600s. We should just get a job instead.

Look, there is some truth in what you say, because to get ground down by a system you disagree with and that doesn't have your interests at heart is to lose. But the system has to be seen for what it is and named for what it is. Sure there's always been elites but progress was on the people's side for a while there, now there is a massive and super fast reversal in operation.

Systems can be brought down. Don't get caught in a grey suit when the lid blow off this fucker.

M

Markbrav0

Paying attention to and critiquing the power structures of society isn't an act of defeatism.

While you have to make ends meet, joining up with organisations or structures that you have an ethical dispute with sounds more like defeatism to me.

Are you suggesting that everyone ignore facts such as that the magna carta is not really in operation any more? That's a basic legal right that has been around since the 1600s. We should just get a job instead.

Look, there is some truth in what you say, because to get ground down by a system you disagree with and that doesn't have your interests at heart is to lose. But the system has to be seen for what it is and named for what it is. Sure there's always been elites but progress was on the people's side for a while there, now there is a massive and super fast reversal in operation.

Systems can be brought down. Don't get caught in a grey suit when the lid blow off this fucker.

Brav0 brav0 encore take a bow real talk

"Systems can be brought down. Don't get caught in a grey suit when the lid blow off this fucker"

um i second that

Alex Jones: Question Your Reality( elitist's news )this guy got all the news

hey god this guy knows all your secrets he usto be your friend but then he turn his life around your friends yous to be his friends (historian)Jordan Maxwell - Queen of England Exposed 1/4

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I think the saying goes something like this:

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"

Meaning don't be one of the "sheeple". I think this money first mentality is one of the reasons society is detoriorating in front of our eyes.

My philosophies on this topic:
- Make great art. Get it into the hands of people.
- Research what's going on in the world. Share info with others. Have an open unbiased discussion about your findings (even if it results in calls of "conspiracy theorist"). Try to think of solutions instead of just complaining about how fucked up everything is. If being an activist is a solution, best to you. If organizing and informing people is your style, good for you. If volunteering and teaching people how to read/etc is your calling, good for you. As discussed earlier in this thread, just bitching about things without any action is a waste of time and can definitely be self-destructive in the end.
- Take care of your family - of which you need to take care of yourself first in order to be able to do so. Stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Make a living, not a killing (that's a Chuck D quote - big ups to Chuck). If you make big money, put some of it back into fixing things instead of furthering the destruction of society. Put your morals before your money, money comes and goes, however the further you go down that road of not keeping your word to make an extra buck, the worse things are gonna be for you in the long run.

Of course it's not always so simple, as mentioned, if you're an ex-con trying to get a job to pay the bills, or you can't read or write, yeah - it's gonna be pretty damn rough out there in the world. Shit, all kinds of people have all kinds of problems, some is of their own doing, some is cause of other people doing shit to them. It's not easy out there for a lot of people...

My last quote:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (George Bernard Shaw)

Big ups to all those that make up their minds for themselves instead of letting others or the mainstream media do it for them. And extra big ups to those that can discuss "sensitive" or "politically incorrect" topics even if people write them off quick. I'm not saying either side is absolutely right (the brainwashed masses or the conspiracty theorists), however I do have the utmost respect for people that think outside of the box and aren't afraid to let people know what their thoughts are. If they have reliable sources, even better. As mentioned in the quote above, it's these people that allow society to progress.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
God, Mastermind and Dahkter all make very good points IMO.

Don't succumb to self-defeatism but don't compromise your ethics either.

There's one other method which Dahkter didn't mention: I believe that fighting directly against the "powers that be" or whatever you want to call them is one of the two ways they want you to react. They want you to either do nothing and unquestioningly follow or to attack them. By directly attacking them we give them an excuse to "defend" themselves. Even when we use non-violent tactics we can still be accused of subversion. The other way, (and the most difficult way), is by refusing to acknowledge their power over you and living your life as you would if they didn't exist. The only power others have over you is the power that you give them.

As has been noted; there's no point wishing the world was another way 'cause it isn't. Believe in yourself, cast off the shackles in your mind and throw yourself headlong into the maelstrom without fear. You still might fail, you might even get yourself killed but that might happen if you do nothing too.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I have a friend who is always talking bout the flaws in the system, trying to figure out things like "The Bilderberg", "Illuminatti" and "Skulls & Bones". I listen to him but I know I have to live in this system and make the best out of it..

Untill i'm in the position to change any of this madness that's trying to keep us down, i don't want to pay attention to it all that much..

I need myself to be succesfull, finish school and get a good job.. that actually pays.. :)

But loving the motivational spirit in this one, my dude!! Keep your head up, set your goals and make it happen!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
This whole bullshit on "subversion" and "rebellion" is crap. You don't understand that whatever the hell happens, there's going to be another order that will tax the shit out of you and be the "elite."

Just keep grindin' and keep your eye on the prize. Don't get caught up in bs. You don't know what's disinformation and what's real information.

Just hustle and do the best YOU can because YOU have human potential to create and BE something POSITIVE.

Peace.

P.S. I did go to the strip club, but failed to ponder the aforementioned issues.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
This whole bullshit on "subversion" and "rebellion" is crap. You don't understand that whatever the hell happens, there's going to be another order that will tax the shit out of you and be the "elite."

Just keep grindin' and keep your eye on the prize. Don't get caught up in bs. You don't know what's disinformation and what's real information.

Just hustle and do the best YOU can because YOU have human potential to create and BE something POSITIVE.

Peace.

P.S. I did go to the strip club, but failed to ponder the aforementioned issues.

AMEN!!

The Ol evil you know vs the evil you dont.

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
This whole bullshit on "subversion" and "rebellion" is crap. You don't understand that whatever the hell happens, there's going to be another order that will tax the shit out of you and be the "elite.
That sounds defeatist. Anyone who gives a damn should always bear in mind that the system can be improved incrementally or in a sudden and dramatic fashion.

I understand plenty about political systems, the international order and the consequences of change. I have studied it in detail and recieved top marks in tertiary institutes doing so.

Tax is not necessarily my major problem with western governments at present. My concerns are greater than my money.

What do you think, that Public Enemy and KRS-1 should record love songs?

By surrounding the terms "subversion" and "rebellion" with "bullshit" and "crap" doesn't make it so. Tell it to the Jews in WWII or Martin Luther King or Malcolm X or the Timorese when they were annexed by Indonesia or the Haitian rebel slaves who fought for their rights. Hell, tell it to the people who fought for the right to trial and an end to arbitrary detention.

Look if you're comfy in your bed and don't want the boat rocked, that's fine. But you can't tell informed or marginalised people to to forget about the problems because after the change someone else will always exploit them. That's not the truth and it's not a valid argument.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
No I see what he is saying tho mastermind, well what both of you are saying, if you go with what you are calling the self defeatism theory there then the french revolution and and all the stuff you just listed would never have happened yes?
BUT even though those things HAVE happened, the old elitism has just been replaced by NEW elitism!
Hati is good example of that. Sure there arent french slave holders there, and thats good, but the conditions there still suck for the majority while a small faction will always be living it up.

members online