This is fun...

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know anything about making beats and I just spent/wasted 2 hours in Reason fucking around with drum beats... can't even imagine how fun it is once you know something...

can't wait for school to be over so i can get to learn this stuff...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
hey PHV...

I thought you dropped the idea of making beats... glad you still at it.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
PHV said:
I don't know anything about making beats and I just spent/wasted 2 hours in Reason fucking around with drum beats... can't even imagine how fun it is once you know something...

can't wait for school to be over so i can get to learn this stuff...

Good luck, try and pair up with somebody more experienced than you may be, it will help you learn basic stuff a LOT faster.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I know what your talking about phv when i used software to make drums an sequence i was wondering why in the hell i made beats. It gets a lot better with a midi keyboard an experience but in my opinion an mpc is much more exciting to use. I stayed up too 4:00pm last night playing with cuts that i took from a few old record an make a beat, the time flew by. if you really wanna make music you should look into it since your having issues with software

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Totally agree with Chrono... I hated making beats with software... felt like I had no control... I got an MPC and haven't ever had this much fun makin' beats... go to a store that has one and play around with it if you have to try it out... remember it's a lot easier with instructions...

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
u dont need to go to school to learn this stuff, just play around and read up stuff on the net and ull figure it out, when u got passion for shit like music u dont wait for someone to show u shit u keep going and find ur own solutions, but collabing with peeps more advanced in the path is a good look.

members online