This Forum...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
.....is the reason why I have improved so much as a beatmaker and producer. From people posting tips on sounds, to how to market the music and what gear is best for what. Been in and out of here for over 10 years (damn...10 years, since college). And even though I'm not really geared towards hip-hop anymore, I still respect the music and the culture the same. Wanted to give a big shoutout to those who stuck around and kept this place alive. Special shoutout to Fade for creating something so beautiful. I think any time we improve as producers and beatmakers because of illmuzik, we would have to say that Fade has a hand in that.

Illmuzik brought us all together because of our love for hip-hop, and although I don't post as much as I used to, I do frequent the page here and there to see what's popping. The Battle That competition was tough and although I didn't get to vote in time, I did give them all a listen. Fade went out of his way to provide prizes for this competition, and no one had to pay a dime.

I was putting a beat together and I realized that I should thank this wonderful site and all of it's members for my growth as a producer.

-Sucio

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I love you. :eek:

Thanks for the kind words though!

You're right because it's true - I never really think about it but there's tons of beatmakers, producers, and artists that have done better over the years because of IllMuzik. It's rare to have a site that directly influences people in a way like this, so I'm just glad to see that everyone from the past and the new guys are still learning and improving.

I remember seeing guys get better in just a few months, groups forming like Smash Bros, and all those Jersey knuckleheads, and I even had the chance to meet up with a few of you.

We've been talking about it for years but it would be nice to finally have an IllMuzik event where we all meet up. Although it's near impossible today, but there's hope.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah.....thing about illmuzik, is that we are everywhere...scattered around the world.....I would love to meet up with some of the ill fam here in Florida....Dudes like jusripe are in Florida and will hit dude up when I'm in his hood, and will meet up with him if he makes it up here....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I used to SUCK when I first came on illmuzik....I knew nothing about production.....I still suck now, but not as much......

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yup ill has been huge for me as well. I literally have an real record deal because of people I met here over the years and I work with so many emcees that I met in connection with ill or someone on ill. So much good feedback over the years. This place is home!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's nice to hear that it's still happening! The ILL Revolution is strong....

I used to SUCK when I first came on illmuzik....I knew nothing about production.....I still suck now, but not as much......
LOL.

Maybe though if we did like chapter meetups or something?

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Illmuzik has helped me in so many ways. I dont post alot, i dont post thing anywhere actually, thats just how i am i guess. But i learned alot from illmuzik members, it made me finnish songs and got me to want to showcase my music. Thank you! I would digg an illmuzik event! I live in Norway but had a great time with @djfeedme over here. Anything is possible:)

Love from Norway

Im 100% with Sucio on this one. When I first came here as a composition producer I thought I was the next big thing. I went so far as to call myself 2Good in all out ego mode. I quickly learned that I wasnt that great a producer, but I have always been VERY competitive. The knocks and bruises and dents to my ego that I took back in 06 when I joined have made me what I am today. I wouldnt call myself the next big thing anymore, but what I would say is that I have become a very competent producer in a wide range of genres, and the other skills that I picked up here, like being humble, mixing and mastering and sampling have all contributed into getting me a spot as resident producer at a local studio. Im not really producing much hip hop these days, but the skills I have picked up right here from the fellow members is practical regardless of genre.

And Sucio, you know you're a beast, you just wanted someone to say it right?

Well there you go. Another quote for your long list of member quotes.

For the newer members I would say, never underestimate the power of a small group of very talented people coming together to share ideas, techniques and HATE!!!! muahahahahaha. Sorry, meant constructive criticism. My bad.

members online