This Doesn't Even Look Right!

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I stumbled across this following article at Ughh.com

Nas Previews N*gger 1/9/08

Nasir Jones
By: Mark DiSalvo
Nas has given the world a first-look at how he’ll be coming at ya lyrically on his upcoming LP, Nigger. He recently showcased a few lines to the world for MTV News (video below). The album still has no release date, but Nas is aiming for February, during Black History Month. “If not, it comes when it comes,” he told MTV News, “But it'll be here soon — soon like right-around-the-corner soon. It's not gonna be a waiting-for-a-long-time type thing.” Nas has also revealed that Jermaine Dupri and Diddy have been working on the album with him.

Read that last line again..... combine it with the album title and it's hard not to conjure thoughts of a menstrual show.

That killed any anticipation I had for this album. Considering aside from the title track of "Hip Hop is Dead", I haven't heard anyone mention anything about the quality of music that was on the album. The collab with Jay-Z was lauded because of the historical signifigance, while many said both didn't bring their A game to the plate.

Everything is marketing now. The music seems to be the last priority for these artists nowadays. Nas' new method is making a controversial album title then dropping a hot single only to release a piss warm album full of forgettable music.

It's crazy when one of the most important lyricists in Hip Hop history records a new album and seeks they assistance of two guys most Hip Hop heads wish would disapear Hoffa style.

I know I'm being mad skeptical. I'm still going to check out the album and be optimistic... but damn!

Hip Hop is dead was completely disposable to me.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I stumbled across this following article at Ughh.com

Nas Previews N*gger 1/9/08

Nasir Jones
By: Mark DiSalvo
Nas has given the world a first-look at how he’ll be coming at ya lyrically on his upcoming LP, Nigger. He recently showcased a few lines to the world for MTV News (video below). The album still has no release date, but Nas is aiming for February, during Black History Month. “If not, it comes when it comes,” he told MTV News, “But it'll be here soon — soon like right-around-the-corner soon. It's not gonna be a waiting-for-a-long-time type thing.” Nas has also revealed that Jermaine Dupri and Diddy have been working on the album with him.

Read that last line again..... combine it with the album title and it's hard not to conjure thoughts of a menstrual show.

That killed any anticipation I had for this album. Considering aside from the title track of "Hip Hop is Dead", I haven't heard anyone mention anything about the quality of music that was on the album. The collab with Jay-Z was lauded because of the historical signifigance, while many said both didn't bring their A game to the plate.

Everything is marketing now. The music seems to be the last priority for these artists nowadays. Nas' new method is making a controversial album title then dropping a hot single only to release a piss warm album full of forgettable music.

It's crazy when one of the most important lyricists in Hip Hop history records a new album and seeks they assistance of two guys most Hip Hop heads wish would disapear Hoffa style.

I know I'm being mad skeptical. I'm still going to check out the album and be optimistic... but damn!

Hip Hop is dead was completely disposable to me.

I single handedly blame Nas for injecting a lot of bullshit into the game with his last albums concept. He is definitely one of the most influential Emcees ever. The division between the north and the south was intensified by Nas and for that I can't support him. Most of my hip hop hero's hale from the north and to be honest the divisiveness crushed my spirit for along time. I don't feel the same about hip hop like I use to. It's too twisted and has taken on a "turf war" persona. It once was the common denominator between me in my neck of the woods and the rest of the hip hop community. I felt we all were on the same team. Shit just don't feel like that anymore and it's a damn shame IMHO!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I feel what your saying, but who knows. Diddy got some credit for "American Gangster" and JD, I dont think we give him enough credit. Im sure he's not going to do anything that he would normally do with bow wow or any of the young acts. All three been in the game a long time, so im curious to hear it.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I single handedly blame Nas for injecting a lot of bullshit into the game with his last albums concept. He is definitely one of the most influential Emcees ever. The division between the north and the south was intensified by Nas and for that I can't support him. Most of my hip hop hero's hale from the north and to be honest the divisiveness crushed my spirit for along time. I don't feel the same about hip hop like I use to. It's too twisted and has taken on a "turf war" persona. It once was the common denominator between me in my neck of the woods and the rest of the hip hop community. I felt we all were on the same team. Shit just don't feel like that anymore and it's a damn shame IMHO!

Yeah, definitely there's a lot of that: looking to create false controversy to get attention for your latest album bullshit going on. But I don't think that means the rest of us are buying into that crap. A lot of that was going on with the east and west coast thing too years ago, but it was all just marketing crap then as well really, (shame some people had to die for it).

I still believe that those of us who are sincere still are on the same team.... and it's world wide now mafucka. Like somebody we know on this forum might say: don't let other people's negativity affect you like that, "negativity breeds negativity". Dudes like diddy and dupri et al were never on the same team IMO.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
I single handedly blame Nas for injecting a lot of bullshit into the game with his last albums concept. He is definitely one of the most influential Emcees ever. The division between the north and the south was intensified by Nas and for that I can't support him.

I dont know most of that was taken way outa context people just automaticlly figured he was talking about the south. Correct me if im wrong you probly know or heard more then I did, but never heard Outkast, UgK, Goodie Mob, 8Ball Mjg get offended, because they know NaS wasnt refering to them and we all luv those groups. The only people who were trully offended were the one-hit-wonders, and we all know who they are.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I dont know most of that was taken way outa context people just automaticlly figured he was talking about the south. Correct me if im wrong you probly know or heard more then I did, but never heard Outkast, UgK, Goodie Mob, 8Ball Mjg get offended, because they know NaS wasnt refering to them and we all luv those groups. The only people who were trully offended were the one-hit-wonders, and we all know who they are.

I can't honestly say if any of them came out and publically spoke on it but yes indeed many were offended. U have to understand catz have been talking about Outkast for a minute due to them being so cutting edge. A lot of hip hop fans outside of the states are the one's who embraced Outkast biggest album and the states followed suite. State side dudes was saying 3000 had went crazy, even down south. And it was definitely not just the one hit wonders that were offended ( I don't communicate with certified one hit wonders anyway ). Dudes don't hate Nas but they feel like he's the one who lit the match in the room that was already filling up with gas fumes if u know what I'm saying.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
JD and Puffy (well his team of producers The Hitmen) did an INCREDIBLE job on jay-z's album. i was kinda worried about jd on american gangster, but what he put out was pretty raw. never worried about puffy executive producing whether it's for premo, trackmasterz, or in this case the hitmen.

i'm looking forward to it as usual, here's the supposed album cover going around the internets:

Nas-Nigger.jpg

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Nas' new method is making a controversial album title then dropping a hot single only to release a piss warm album full of forgettable music.

in his defense he has never really let go of doing "Conscious Rapp". He has kept it a part of his scheme since the second album. so ill give him the benefit of the doubt, cause him does seem honest and real w/it.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
'Read that last line again..... combine it with the album title and it's hard not to conjure thoughts of a MENSTRUAL show.'

noone else noticed that?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
'Read that last line again..... combine it with the album title and it's hard not to conjure thoughts of a MENSTRUAL show.'

noone else noticed that?

nah....we peep'd it. It's just if u live with a woman it's instinctive to stir clear of such things....lol...I know I do!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^ i agree. btw im not defending nas .. i doubt i will feel this album. i havent felt nas in years... hip hop is dead was pretty bad to me. 3 bangers and evrything else was as stale as pretzels left out overnight. i was just sayin that if the albums not hot i doubt it would be because of puffy or jd's involvement. that wouldnt be a factor that would sway my anticipation of the record one way or another.. thats all

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word. I feel you.

Why can't a fucker just link up with Premo. How would that not sell. There's at least 1 million hip hop fans that would cop that no matter what.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
The funny thing is that NaS does have good idea's. "Hip Hop is Dead" was a good idea/concept he just didnt put enough thought into it. He had the vision but no gameplan.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word. I feel you.

Why can't a fucker just link up with Premo. How would that not sell. There's at least 1 million hip hop fans that would cop that no matter what.
Yeah, and we cannot say that Premo wouldn't have 'mainstream' appeal too, after that aguilera hit.

These records are really getting boring because of rappers not taking risks with beats and all-around-production. And I'm not saying Nas should link up with Premo, but imo with Salaam Remi they come up something original almost everytime. I'm pretty sure that with JD's & Puffy's crew this CD ends up sounding like American Gangster... hopefully not, but I'm quite sure it will.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
i know another dj premier song isn't going to happen, but i wouldn't mind if nas hooked up with the likes of toomp, the runners, kool & dre, etc. etc.

salaam remi has been pretty meeeehh