"Things Fall Apart"

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
Has anyone read "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe. For those of you who dont know its where The Roots got the title for their album of the same name. The craziest thing is I was wanting to read it for a while but never got around to it. Then I register for a history class at school on colonization and its required reading. Anyway, I'm about halfway through it right now and in my opinion it's not too bad/not too good so far (if that makes sense). I'll be able to give a better opinion when I finish the book.

So I was wondering what everyone else's opinion on the book is. Do you like it , love it, hate it, or don't really care. Please don't spoil the end though.

Peace.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
dog. I fucking kid you not, I been meaning to get around to that book for the longest time, and I picked it up yesterday. Turns out, my boss has a copy in his library at home, and I got that shit sitting on my bed right now. I started reading it, and to be honest, I love the style he writes in. its down to earth material.

wierd shit. I got a book buddy now.

No homo.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I've read it, great book, a bit depressing, but definetly worth checking out.

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Its dope! I like the way it explained the traditional Ibo culture and how they clashed with the European ways. Also, I gave this book to my friend, who is half-Nigerian. His pops is Ibo and had been trying to get his son to read this for a minute...lol my co-sign made him do it.

F

FaycBlaq

BRILLIANT book my man!!!
loved it a lot!!connected with it quite a bit as well.......

members online