These from a couple months ago...

Battle Points: 41
There's still some dissonance and clipping going on.

Dissonance is when two or more tones clash and create a harsh, unpleasant sound.

More about this subject here:
Dissonance
Im not familiar with music terms, so I appreciate the link. But I might just replace instruments cus I been tryin to lower/raise the pitch of instruments to get rid of the dissonance and it hasnt changed. So I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Snare and percussion is dope. Did you make the pattern? Can I bite it and save that perc/snare loop down so I can sample?

I like the guitar, I think it could have maybe drove the melody a bit more. I think the pads are a hair loud, I like the build up, but I think as it got going the snare is a bit loud, so I liked when you changed it ~1:20. Drums are cool but a little too 1-2-1-2 and I think some variation/swing could give it more of a hip-hop vibe. Right now it has a instrumental trip-hop/lowfi beat playlist type of vibe, which is cool, but not sure if that's what you were going for or not. But overall it sounds good, keep working on the mixing to get the levels right.

I saw some of 2Good's comments. I haven't seen/listened to too many of your other beats, but "don't let perfection get in the way of progress." I try to take the approach of 'a beat is never done' and I'll eventually make something that's better to try and avoid the emotional attachment that can sometimes happen when creating (but also can slow you down from growth IMO).

Snare and percussion is dope. Did you make the pattern? Can I bite it and save that perc/snare loop down so I can sample?

I like the guitar, I think it could have maybe drove the melody a bit more. I think the pads are a hair loud, I like the build up, but I think as it got going the snare is a bit loud, so I liked when you changed it ~1:20. Drums are cool but a little too 1-2-1-2 and I think some variation/swing could give it more of a hip-hop vibe. Right now it has a instrumental trip-hop/lowfi beat playlist type of vibe, which is cool, but not sure if that's what you were going for or not. But overall it sounds good, keep working on the mixing to get the levels right.

I saw some of 2Good's comments. I haven't seen/listened to too many of your other beats, but "don't let perfection get in the way of progress." I try to take the approach of 'a beat is never done' and I'll eventually make something that's better to try and avoid the emotional attachment that can sometimes happen when creating (but also can slow you down from growth IMO).
Thanks! I didn't make the pattern, but I'll gladly send u the loops of both. I'll keep working on this tho. I wasn't really going for a certain type of beat tbh.

Yeah, 2Good gave me great advice. I can get too caught up on trying to get the track perfect. Im trying to find a meduim tho. Where I tinker with old beats n still work on new ones, so Im not consumed with just 1, but Im building another and learning with both. Its for sure a continuous process cus theres endless variations. & I think your approach is good. Ima take your advice on recreating.

I appreciate the feedback!

Last edited:
I been messing with the EQ on this today and think I got rid of the dissonance.... Feedback would be appreciated

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Power:
I really like the percussion. It builds and fade very nicely, giving it almost a cinematic quality (in terms of dynamics). My only point would be, there seems to be a BIT too much going on at some points. As others have mentioned, a good mix would help 1) isolate the elements and have them occupy their own space 2) allow you to blend them in and out of the song as you wish 3) remove some muddiness. Otherwise, this has some very cool elements to it.

Troubles:
Trap isn't my thing. I also think the mix is a bit tooo muddy on this one. That pad type sample in the back doesn't seem to fit harmonically with guitars. Again, the two guitar parts on top of each other makes seem a bit too busy. There are some cool things here even it's outside my realm of personal taste.

Power:
I really like the percussion. It builds and fade very nicely, giving it almost a cinematic quality (in terms of dynamics). My only point would be, there seems to be a BIT too much going on at some points. As others have mentioned, a good mix would help 1) isolate the elements and have them occupy their own space 2) allow you to blend them in and out of the song as you wish 3) remove some muddiness. Otherwise, this has some very cool elements to it.

Troubles:
Trap isn't my thing. I also think the mix is a bit tooo muddy on this one. That pad type sample in the back doesn't seem to fit harmonically with guitars. Again, the two guitar parts on top of each other makes seem a bit too busy. There are some cool things here even it's outside my realm of personal taste.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on Power. I just replaced Troubles track that I think sounds a lot better, more clearer. I appreciate the advice given, its very helpful