The top 5 super producers

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Who are the top five producers right now? Who has the most bangers, original beats, and started trends? I feel like Dre, Timberland, and Pete Rock will top this list, so lets take them out of the discussion for now and keep it focused on the relatively newer cats.

I would say:
1. Scott Storch
2. Kanye West
3. Neptunes
4. Just Blaze
5. Lil john

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
1. Dre
2. Just Blaze
3. Preemo
4. Alchemist
5. Timbaland

Kanyeezy will be in there in a few years at this rate.

sAfE.

Edit - forgot to mention TrackMasters.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I guess it depends on the style of beat you like (west, east, south, midwest...) cuz most people who gave a list gave people from the same coast... (or they have more producer form the coast they like most)...

I would say, for me... Best PRODUCERS (not beatmakers) are:

Dr. Dre
Dj Premier
Neptunes
Lil Jon (he didnt start a trend, but he made it stronger)
BattleKat (this guy IS G-Funk)

Special mentions to: Just Blaze, Timbaland, Dj Quik, and Jazzy Jeff...

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Don't have a top 5 so I'm just gonna name 4 producers that I'm feeling but aren't nesscesarily super producers.

Madlib - Wow man, for real, this guy is so dope with the samples and right now he's doing so much for artists on Stones Throws and other labels. Dude's a hard worker.
DJ Abilities - All I gotta say is "Big Shots" haha. I could rock to that all day.
9th Wonder - Now this guy has a real smooth style of his own. Really focuses on the bassline as being the main thing of the beat.
Stoupe - Hard.

rob-beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
- Neptunes
- Dr. Dre
- Mannie Fresh
- Just Blaze
- Jazze Pha

No particular order. When I hear about a song these producers made I get it ASAP. I'm suprised nobody put Mannie Fresh though. To each their own I guess.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
im surprised no one else put my man muggs in, come on BlackSunday, Temples, IV, all of soul assassins!!!!

ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
im surprised no one else put my man muggs in, come on BlackSunday, Temples, IV, all of soul assassins!!!!
that cuz he said new cats only...

right now i would say

Kanye
Just
Heatmakers
Neptunes
Nottz

if youre talking top 5 of all time id have to say

Large Professor
DJ Premier
Pete Rock
The Ummah
RZA

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Stoupe
Premo
Rza
Havoc
Alchemist

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
^^^ahh, an isight into fades tastes....

yo fade what about necro, hes more your cuppa tea surely....

ill o.g.
Fade said:
I'd have to say:

3. Lord Finesse (don't sleep!)
4. Buckwild

DITC played a big role in Hip Hop production its not even funny! I love Buckwilds shyt! His drums are so grimey yet so clean I dont understand it.
Lord Finesse is the shyt too. Ive been a fan ever since "Funky Technician". I think his drums started lacking "thump" after he switched to the 3000.

Pete Rocks drums have fell off too...must be that 2000xl hes using.

oh yeah i thought we were posed to be naming "NEW" producers not pioneers....

hey Fade why you sleepin on Large Professor??? Hes one of the greatest producers of all time if you ask me. his shyt is on-point on some many different levels. He even taught DJ Premier how to use his SP-1200.

and i noticed im the only one who mentioned The Ummah...why is that??? The Ummah was responsible for some of the illest beats to date! I love those gritty ass drums they use. They have the best drums in the game no doubt. You guys cant tell me thoe ATCQ albums werent crazy!

Ay Furioz Havoc is the shyt too aint he? he doesnt get much credit as a producer but the man is dope.

No Mo-Bee fans around here???

Sorry yall I couldnt sleep so i typed up all this shyt to keep me busy.

members online