The Pattern is all the same!

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Haiz...When i make beats..my drum patterns sounds the same even if i toggle it around..Do any of y'all have any idea of artist that have the dopest drum pattern that i can listen to?..Sorry if i ask stupid question..just tired wit drums ..Haha..

Peace! :headbang:

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Dude! You have to listen to who you feel is hot. I can't tell you that. Really no one can. We can give you an opinion but you can do tha same. If ya drum patternz sound tha same change tha kitz up, but sometimes sh*t like that happens. Not tryin' to be hard, but no one showed me.! And I think I turned out to be fine, blazin' if you ask me. Do ya thang young'n you'll get there it takes times.

But to answer your questions peepout hi-tek some Jay-Dee (formally of slum vill) Premo to name a few. P.E.A.C.E.

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Oh Nodout!, Fatz that's who make me want to "ROCK". #1 Soul Brother check all of his work. Go to www.bbemusic.com to check out some of his latest work. "Tha Beat Generation" and to anyone else who don't know about that. If I'm not mistakin' itz U.K. Based. I want to do an album for. Yo! Fatz you heard of that?

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo like voorheezmp said, you have to listen to other people music to get a general ideal of what you are trying to do. in this world of music you have to explore, and do a search and conduct. if you get hung up with just listening to yourself, then you will only be limiting your possibilities.
explore my ill muzik brother, explore!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
all I can say is get a new motif it has the best fuggin transposer on it....you can make a simple beat and it will give you about 20 different flipped patterns or maybe more.....or just listen to the kick and the snare for 4-8 bars in any music that you want to emulate....but really the pattern is the easiest part you gotta get a melody or find the right sample to fit...

M

Monacle

Originally posted by MeLoDrUmMaDiLL
Haiz...When i make beats..my drum patterns sounds the same even if i toggle it around..Do any of y'all have any idea of artist that have the dopest drum pattern that i can listen to?..Sorry if i ask stupid question..just tired wit drums ..Haha..

Peace! :headbang:

you need SKILLS.

if its too hard, maybe you can learn to paint of something?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Monacle, that's not a very nice thing to say...this board is sposed to help fellowproducers, not squash their dreams.....

Alright, try using multiple drum layers and sounds, dont use the same kicks and snares...and just tweak it till your head nods

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
try using some some absact sounds like bongos or bells etc.. just chill make what your feel you can't be told what you think it is hot, you have to feel it for yuorself

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
pete rock
madlib is dope...my fav as far as drums is quisimoto
mf doom do some next level shyt with drums
dres was one of the doppest drum programmers
timberland is ahead of his time with layering drums

members online