The "N" word

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I must say that I'm real tierd of the use of the word nigga like it's cool if you think it is it's not....I'm going to start typing cracker pecker wood red neck and ofay and see how many of these nigga poster get offended...The word nigga is not hip hop or a hip hop word it is not to be used to describe people that are into hip hop music it is being used to loosely and it should stop ..so for every post I see with the word nigga or nigger
(there is no difference between the two so don't try to pull that bullshit card)
I'm going to copy the exact post and replace it with the words Cracker , pecker wood , ofay , red neck and honky

C

Copenhagen

Hey nigga inrctyhoodmusic, Redneck Peckerwood here...:D

Seriously, I understand your points, have never used the word (apart from that one sentence above).
People definitely associate it too much with Hip-Hop as being like homie or something similar.
However, it's so emberrasing it becomes funny when white kids go around calling themselves the 'N' word.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
If you ever seen the movie bamboozled there was a well know comedian I can't remeber his name but he used to write for richard pryor...he said everybody wants to be black but don't nobody want to be black...All these white people getting sun tans listening to rap acting black injecting shit in their lips calling each other nigga ....Let the klan start hagging niggas again and we'll see who's black.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I hear what you're saying, but please don't go copying threads just to make a point. Starting this thread, you're making your point already. ;)

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm at work bored waitting to get to my setup so, I'ma response to this comment.

Man, you must be one of them sensative thug that need a hug Jay was talking about. If your'e uncomfortable with the word and the circle you asscioate yourself with is using it then get out of that circle don't go trying to change that circle. I wouldn't say it's a hip-hop term, but its a street term. So if you got street hip hop it going to be used. So trying to repost every post with honkey or whatever is so stupid, are you going to remix every song that has that word in it to. You need to put that energy into your beats. People round my way use it a lot. So it doesnt bother me or defines me when someone calls me that. You must be white and it scares you that the worst word given to describe us , we flipped it and made it a word of endearment amognst ourselves.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
inrctyhoodmusic i c where u cumin from, n i dont understand why peeps who aint black even use da word. i guess da da term shudnt b used ne mo but havin gotten used it, it can b hard changin, to some its even da same as usin da word 'guy'

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hahaha but look I think it is funny if I see say an Asian cat goin, hey my nigga....or somebody that is not a "nigga" using the word it just sort of doesn't fit......I don't how that word was given such loose use anyhow looking at the history I mean look basically letting everyone that really isn't a "nigga" use it, take a word like "motherfucker"
You motherfucker I will kill you<--------negative use
Thats my motherfucker<--------positive friendly use

but basically motherfucker never had a racial association...if you were a motherfucker then you were a motherfucker.......

nigger-----loosely interchanged with nigga has to really be handled carefully because depending on who is in the area at that time especially and old school cat that hears someone that is not black use the term it might cost you slug or a beatdown.....to all those that do like to use the term loosely amongst your peers and maybe you not "a nigga" go around some cats that say were around when nigga only had one application in the English language and that was completely negative.....you might find yourself in a very unfriendly situation.....I think theres so many more words to use to express things....no I am not sensitive but there a so many people that are not going to tolerate the word being used in their circle without asking....what was that you just said? that didn't even sound right.......or even worse try explaining it when you get the what the fuck did you just say response........

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dont get me wrong I'm not crazy about the word myself I make it a point when talking and writing lyrics not to use the word just so I can be different but, I'm from the real hood and it just a part of the lingo here in Atlanta, its changing and being replace with other words. But you got to admit , that word describes some people to a T.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by soundboy2
I'm at work bored waitting to get to my setup so, I'ma response to this comment.

Man, you must be one of them sensative thug that need a hug Jay was talking about. If your'e uncomfortable with the word and the circle you asscioate yourself with is using it then get out of that circle don't go trying to change that circle. I wouldn't say it's a hip-hop term, but its a street term. So if you got street hip hop it going to be used. So trying to repost every post with honkey or whatever is so stupid, are you going to remix every song that has that word in it to. You need to put that energy into your beats. People round my way use it a lot. So it doesnt bother me or defines me when someone calls me that. You must be white and it scares you that the worst word given to describe us , we flipped it and made it a word of endearment amognst ourselves.

This is a perfect example of the term IGNORANCE IS BLISS...If you read the post you would see that it's about people who are taking the word way beyond where it needs to be ..And I don't see how you could assume I was white by me posting that because I'm not ...People around my way and my job use it a lot to but that's not the point you senseless shell of an ignorant PERSON If you read the next thing I posted after that you would see that I 'm clearly trying to state it's not cool for people other than us (meaning people like me )to use it ..Regardless it's a negative word that shouldn't be used at all but I can't change the world i realize that..What you should realize is that before you try to lash out at me you should do your homework first....I'm not just a muzik militant I'm well aware of the history of my people and have my more knowledge of self my suroundings and my BLACK people than you....What do you know besides hip hop and what you learned in your U.S. History class from high school.....Please don't end up being another newbie that gets run off the site by talking about things you have no idea about...And also far from sensitive and no where near a thug ..Who was jay z talking about if your ingnorant non comprehending shell of a half a man knew anything you would listen to what jay z said......How dare you quote a rapper that get's paid to entertain in a real life discussion you have a lot to lear LITTLE MAN

I'm from the real hood too...so your really saying nothing by saying that

And what energy are you putting into your beats you have nothing in the showcase to show anything..you need to put that energy into learning something that you can use ...85 is defaf dumb and blind

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I guess the point would be somethings and words are acceptable only in certain situations. IF an asian or white person call me that I would get mad. But if say Lil Red at the basketball court said" what up nigga" I would not. I wouldn't go to a business meetiing calling people nigga. But if my friend ask me who was at a party I would say "nothing but niggas"

People say stuff like "man nigga like me getting hungry" or "thats a big" nigga" that just street talk it don' t mean nothing It like a ghetto noun

One of my lyrics I say "words like nigga ever other line , show me signs of yo lazy mine"

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Dont get me wrong I'm not crazy about the word myself I make it a point when talking and writing lyrics not to use the word just so I can be different but, I'm from the real hood and it just a part of the lingo here in Atlanta, its changing and being replace with other words. But you got to admit , that word describes some people to a T.
if you're going to say that why would you even post the first thing you did??????:confused:
:windup: :windup:
I guess the point would be somethings and words are acceptable only in certain situations. IF an asian or white person call me that I would get mad. But if say Lil Red at the basketball court said" what up nigga" I would not. I wouldn't go to a business meetiing calling people nigga. But if my friend ask me who was at a party I would say "nothing but niggas"

why couldn't you see that was the whole point at the start of the thread please read and think before you post replies dummy

C

Copenhagen

I'll agree with soundboy2 on one thing, flipping the word around and using it as a postive thing, 'a word endearment', amongst black people was a 'smart move'...that has kind of ruined it for white racists using it as a negative word when everybody and they mother uses it now.

Anyway, this is a sensitive topic for some people, don't let it get out of hand (or we'll have to close it).

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Look dude , I feel you I don't want to offend you, Just offering my point of view. But I'm not ignorant by no means. We both agree the word was once a term use to make you feel less of a man. But it being use out, so I not going to sit and correct everybody thats using by repost their post with hunkie or ofay. Now that would be ignorant in my opinion.

I posted the first one just to conversate man. Ain't this what this site is about. Just a guy making converstation.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I posted the first one just to conversate man. Ain't this what this site is about. Just a guy making converstation.

Conversation and personal attacks are two different things you started something that you will not be able to get out of...don't reply to MY thread and try to make look like a fool..You messing with the right one if you want to a war of words!!!!

Look dude , I feel you I don't want to offend you, Just offering my point of view. But I'm not ignorant by no means. We both agree the word was once a term use to make you feel less of a man. But it being use out, so I not going to sit and correct everybody thats using by repost their post with hunkie or ofay. Now that would be ignorant in my opinion.

That would not be ignorant ....IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay it officials you are a sensative thug, I don't what war of word's. Tell me how to put a beat on the showcase and lets put two beat up and let the people decide , one with sample on without. My n--ga!!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Go to soundclick.com make an account it;s free upload an mp3 of your beat copy the link post in the showcase chump....Hey fade can I start a thread in the showcase we have a chump that called me out...I'm not going to back down...Sensitive thug? there's the ingnorance in you again...let's get this done chump

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OKAY, I'ma mess with that over the weekend, I know you mad but aint this fun. like I said two beats and one with a sample one with out no lyrics.

Holla back at you sensative thug you.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Listen there's no way you can make me mad don't do it over the weekend do it today ....post your music soon super chump

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Whatever chump...let your music do the talking from now on because I'm done talking about this issue with you ...You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

members online