The MPC 5000 flop....

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
sounds like Akai fucked up..u got 2 tune each sample at a time is fuckin BS,,especially if ur the type of sampler that likes to chop alot of small sounds u gotta tune each one individualy rather than once for all the samples..

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Damn... guess im still sticking with the XL,

you know what? fuck that!! ive been talking about upgradeding from my mpc 2000xl for 3 years, first the 4000, then the 1000 then the 2500, then the 500

I aint upgrading shit, if it aint broke dont fix it..

class

I feel u, if anything I'm downgrading my MPC to the MPD 32. I only use my MPC for the pads as a second controller in my set up. The Axiom 25 is the numeral uno.

I"ll never sell my MPC.....it's going in a pad'd box until I decide to dust it off again. Had it since '96. My first "real" piece of gear..then came the Roland JW50.....those were the days!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Hooooray mpc! What?

Actually Fury, tuning each sample at a time is one of those cool things you can do with a sp
Cant time stretch with it though, creates a crazy realm of creativity

but if i got a sample cut up more than likely ima want my samples all to be the same level wit the exeption of extra little samples..but its gay that everytime u use it u have to tune each sample seperatly sux if ur using more than 16...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I aint upgrading shit, if it aint broke dont fix it..

class
i said this b4 bout the the machines i use... thats why i dont lust for gear anymore...ive been dyin for an RS7000 successor for YEARS!!! but if yamaha came out with one and omitted critical features i love and that make the machine unique, then i will never buy a new model... if the 4000 is the best thing since sliced bread, then deal with its shortcomings and work around them... it sounds like the 4000 has everything he wants and needs... so, just fiddle with the 5000 and thats it... im not gonna run to the store everytime akai comes out with an MPC to see if they outdid the previous version... theyve been milkin the series forever anyway... i'd be more excited to see a new RS, SP, or ASR10/X pro... the 5000 is a counter to the Roger Linn/Dave Smith jumpoffs... thats all... im pretty sure they can fix things with OS updates, same thing that was done with the RS, but they kill the buzz surrounding it when they rush things out, and someone gives it a bad writeup.

da relic

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
agree with all the 2kxl owners...cats be buggin and sleepin on the z8, best sampler hands down. As it looks right now, no one will be bringing out top notch samplers, just topnotch "features"....

gimme the basics anytime (xl baby!!!)

D

dubkutter

Forget the hasty judgement The 5k Rocks and it can only get better..

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i figured they would fix things... i just hate when theyre not fixed b4 they bring it out to the public... the built in synth is a good thing... the knobs is another good thing... its like an RS in mpc form, but with more modern features... i still want a keyboard button set up though.

da relic

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
the built in synth is a rompler except the downside on this one is that you must load the multi before you can hear what it sounds like which is really annoying.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Interesting, he ripped akai a new one.

Akai has had some issues in programming on the 1000 and the 2500 from what I've heard. Hence third party OS'. didn't know the 5k was THAT bad though, sheesh.

members online