The Greatest TV Show on TV Today !

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Well I brought it up in another thread when someone asked about a Canadian Show Called Degrassi ( a more Realistic Canadian Version of Save By the Bell )

Anyways FUck Degrassi

The Greatest Show Ever and the only one I watch I Might add is

Trailer Park Boys !

here is a Link to there Site

http://www.trailerparkboys.com/oldsite.htm

I duno if it comes on in America yet but I no its being Showed in the Uk Cuz someone has told me it comes on the BBC

Anyways Im Drunk off GreyGoose and Slushy's so I just thought I would Let everyone no wats important in the World today .

eZ.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The greatest tv show on tv today is Family Guy and South Park.

since you're talking about canadian show, i'd like to add that Boys in the hall was an awsome show.

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats a bit more like it....i havent seen much of kids in the hall or strangers with candy, but what i have seen has been generally pretty funny...family guy is quality and south park from about season 4 onwards has been great

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
ya Senfield was good back in the day but now its Trailer Park Boys Time 2 Shine

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
too bad for americans they are well behind the british for comedy in general....no way american tv would ever produce something like the office, or league of gentleman, or little britain, let alone have such old classics as monty python and blackadder

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I forgot one awsome show: LOST

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Sin:Aesthetic said:
too bad for americans they are well behind the british for comedy in general....no way american tv would ever produce something like the office, or league of gentleman, or little britain, let alone have such old classics as monty python and blackadder

US Behind on comedy?????Please.....

we have our own great shows like martin, in living color,MAD TV, family guy, the simpsions, the PJ's(that was some funny ish), futurama, king of the hill etc... the list goes on

British comedy is dry as hell u gotta have a damn phd to understand that shit. It has no soul what so ever.... I mean i can deal with montey python, thats pretty cool, but all that other shit is wack, abousoulty fablous??? come on, get the fuck outta here!!! Most of the comeody from the UK(with few expections) is lame as hell.

class...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dry as hell generally = intelligent...which means humour that lasts.....not the biggest fan of ab fab

but fuck, the office is well beyond the level of most american comedies, same with league of gentleman...some very creative stuff was coming from ben elton at the start of the 90's and black adder had some genius....little britain is flat in spots, but raises the bar for abstract, surrealist skit comedy, and is very creative....and there is absolutely no way in the world america could create another douglas adams....english comedy has always been touted as the progressive, forward thinking stuff.....us has its highlights, but is still stuck in the sitcom format almost always, and any attempts to venture out from that have generally ended up lame

martin, in living colour and mad tv are all pathetic, king of the hill is wildly inconsistent, and the other 3 are all worthy shows, but all from the same camp....south park as it has grown has become quite a good show at times aswell....but there is no life or great history in american comedy, its all very streamlined and sameish

to me the only thing american i ever found watchable apart from simpsons/futurama/family guy, was tough crowd with colin quinn because if they had good guests on (i.e. greg giraldo) it was a solidly funny show, and it was real, and generally somewhat on the spot, which made it better

oh and bill hicks was a fucking genius

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Sin:Aesthetic said:
generally ended up lame
martin, in living colour and mad tv are all pathetic,

Man your crazy martin and in living colur brought black comedy to the masses. even thought they are over 10 years old they are stuff funny and relivent to this day. The office was ok, but i just dident get it, its like i was watching stale bread trying to be funny.

I think u and me both have a cultural bias, I watch BBC america all the time (i travel to the UK quite frequntly also) and that shit just aint funny man. Most of the time its just plan corney........

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't get me wrong Fururama, Simpsons, South Park and Family guy are all amazing shows [which often have me on the floor - South Park in particular] but I've watched American comdey shows and comdians and watched british ones and there really is no comparison.

I think British comedy and humour in general has an awful lot of soul - especially darker comedy stuff [Black Books anyone?]. The fact that it is supposedly 'wittier' is neither here nor there - there are comdeians for dumb people here too. I have to agree with a number of things Sin;Aesthetic has already said too - In contrast to British comedy at least, American comedy really does seem be very ssameish and lack any real life in my opinon. Btw, I'm not being in any way patriotic since I'm not even English....

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i think a lot of british comedies is an aquired taste, ive seen a lot of them and wondered where the funnyness is supposed to be. but at the same time they got they classics too. while i think in contrast american comedy overall designed to be more accessible which is why there are a lot of sitcoms. I think american shows are more success driven, while birtish shows still need the success side but more creative freedom is allowed, which i think ends up with a lot of unfunny comdies being made on the british part but also allows for a wider variety of funny and different comedies

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I'd take Fresh Prince over Martin any day.

and on the US vs UK Comedy debate.
I enjoy both, but USA got the real upperhand when it comes to Stand Up.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A B said:
i think a lot of british comedies is an aquired taste, ive seen a lot of them and wondered where the funnyness is supposed to be. but at the same time they got they classics too. while i think in contrast american comedy overall designed to be more accessible which is why there are a lot of sitcoms. I think american shows are more success driven, while birtish shows still need the success side but more creative freedom is allowed, which i think ends up with a lot of unfunny comdies being made on the british part but also allows for a wider variety of funny and different comedies

Yeah, I think you're right - don't get me wrong though a lot of American humour is funny, and what I was saying was simply a generalisation. On the stand up side of things I can't comment really as I haven't seen many U.S. stand up shows, but I saw a British one by the the guy from 'Black Books' and it was seriously fucking hilarious.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lex said:
Don't get me wrong Fururama, Simpsons, South Park and Family guy are all amazing shows [which often have me on the floor - South Park in particular] but I've watched American comdey shows and comdians and watched british ones and there really is no comparison.

I think British comedy and humour in general has an awful lot of soul - especially darker comedy stuff [Black Books anyone?]. The fact that it is supposedly 'wittier' is neither here nor there - there are comdeians for dumb people here too. I have to agree with a number of things Sin;Aesthetic has already said too - In contrast to British comedy at least, American comedy really does seem be very ssameish and lack any real life in my opinon. Btw, I'm not being in any way patriotic since I'm not even English....
boh on the black books call...fucking show!......in the less dark more surreal form, spaced and
the mighty bush are great....and i thought sean of the dead, by the spaced guys was a solid film aswell