The Game, Timbaland, Sued Over 'Put You On The Game'

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i dont look for loops anymore anyway... i sample instrumental sections now... loops are still hot no doubt, but if i can avoid what The Game, Blaze, Scram jones and the rest go thru all the time, i will... no question ur gonna have ur share, but u can definately lessen the people after u if u chop more.

da relic

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Kats is gettin' hit ova head foreal.

When i get to a certain level in the game where kats is tryin' to sue, Im not sampling a damn thing unless its for a mixtape, my own personal stuntin', or its just TOO hot to pass up.

Timbo needs to stop tryin' to hide samples n' shit. He's too big to do that. Just pay, or let the label pay. At this point everybody is watchin' him with a microscrope. Im sure he gets hit wit alotta cases over the beats he actually didnt sample on the low.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
These cats with mega large budgets have no excuse for not clearing samples. Like Solace said, if you gonna put it out there like that... you better handle your business first.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Original sample for anyone who's interested

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3380027f39a146/

The first clip being played is the Indian song which timbo sampled, followed by "put u on the game", so everybody can clearly see what he sampled and how.

The thing is, it's just the ladies "nana noo nana noo" he sampled, it's not a huge proportion of the original song, I think he can settle this out of court..but timbo really does need to clear his samples cuz he always gets caught

Still though, he's a genuis on the boards

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
maaan... that aint even worth my time to sample... i wouldve got Britney's lil sis to do that part while she was in rehab...lol.. or maybe eminem's wife on tha low. on the real, i wouldve left that out or used something else... just goes to show, Hip Hop is played everywhere... obviously someone knew the song, and told the man, who told THE MAN!!!

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Original sample for anyone who's interested

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3380027f39a146/

The first clip being played is the Indian song which timbo sampled, followed by "put u on the game", so everybody can clearly see what he sampled and how.

The thing is, it's just the ladies "nana noo nana noo" he sampled, it's not a huge proportion of the original song, I think he can settle this out of court..but timbo really does need to clear his samples cuz he always gets caught

Still though, he's a genuis on the boards

I agree it's not a big portion of the original song but it is the catchest part of the original song(it stands out)and it's loop'd throughout the majority of Timbos track which makes it a tag line. What it would have cost to clear is nothing compared to what one of the guilty party's will have to pay now. That was a stupid mistake for a vet in the game. Like Slick said, he could have paid a Indian chic to sing something similar and the song would have been just as good.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
he couldve sang it himself and pitched it up... he prolly thought it wasnt that serious... but u never know, they prolly tryin to get funds for military shit... u never know how shit is goin down in the world... USA proves it all the time... just another way to fund a country... dont think its far fetched.

da relic

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Its true about record labels not wanting sampled beats anymore. Ive been fuckin w/ two major labels here in cincinnati and in MIA and all they want is 100% composed ish. Even if its pure FIRE, theyll toss the track immediatly once they hear its a sample. I think sampling will still live on however. Its just gonna get harder to sample ethnic tracks and fairly to popular music. The deepest diggers w/ the best ears will keep it alive, along w/ big buck artists like kanye and that dude that made that rich boy cadillac beat.

members online