The Future Of Hip Hop Music....???

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Now a days, Mainstream Hip Hop is as bland and full of bling and booty as ever before. I'm from the south but I can't stand Lil' Jon ANYMORE!!!! I would be imbarresed if it wasen't for the remdeming qualities of Outkast and Scarface. I don't even listen to radio much anymore or B.E.T. (If thats really what it is anymore considering Viacom owns it now). I find myself listening to Mtv more now cause even the latest punk rock group is more interesting and unique than the latest crunk sensation. It makes me think "where the hell will Hip Hop be in the next 10 or 20 years. What do ya'll think??

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol later cold its been over a million times before but these post will keep appearing until the state of hip hop changes for the better then we'll have sumthing else to moan about ! But seriously.... don't sit here writing messages on a chat forum about we have done that before get the in the studio improve urself coz we all need to otherwise we wouldn't be on here and get yourself in a position where you can do sumthing about it !

C

Copenhagen

Do your own and get yourself heard. Only by putting your product to the table, and thereby perhaps influencing others, do you have a chance at changing the game.
By spending time moaning about it, you're only wasting valuable time making beats, or checking out links and articles on here, or on the net in general, that can help you improve.

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I give hip-hop about 6-10 more years in the mainstream a lot of the mainstream Rap is club music there's more focus on a simplistic track and a hook than anything. You have Dancehall becoming popular I think soon there will be no need for verses all that will be needed is a hook and a danceable simplistic track. The industry will realize if they call what's happening something different they can sell more albums and they'll decide to make up a ne genre. I don't see hip-hop going anywhere anytime soon but it's days as a popular music I think are numbered it's moving in two directions and the different sides are beggining to sound less amd less like eachother.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Since this dam topic keeps arising, im gonna put it like this:

Believe it or not some mainstream, a descent portion i suppose, is not that bad and ok in my book anyway...Its like i described in tha other thread tho that really if anything - what makes me want to bitch and moan is more like tha aspect of pop-culture taking a shit on any form of good music for that matter , but thats kinda on some others shit thats inter-related.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
man.

this is equal to the "tree falling in the woods & no one hears" theory.... it is an unanswered question.

What us bedroom producers forget is "mainstream" artists are musicians. they do what they do. Whether you like them or not, you GOTTA GIVE THEM DAP for succeeding in something I am sure they love, and have loved, and will continue to love.

I dont agree with what they say, I dont support them. But I respect them.
Some people like em, some dont. If you do, go to their show. If not, turn off the radio.

But they are not ruining hip hop.

hate ruins hip hop. please dont hate.

-hopps

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dam Hoppa - That was so well said, it was almost poetic...and I aint clownin u here either....Im sayin this cuz once again someone else broke what i wanted to say down inside my head a little better into tha english language.....

Steez

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
AAAAAAAAMen to the hop.

my sentiments exactly. i have spent so much energy focusing on how bad someone else is at times... a lot of us have...

and that isnt exactly productive.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
L-LaMENT said:
Now a days, Mainstream Hip Hop is as bland and full of bling and booty as ever before. I'm from the south but I can't stand Lil' Jon ANYMORE!!!! I would be imbarresed if it wasen't for the remdeming qualities of Outkast and Scarface. I don't even listen to radio much anymore or B.E.T. (If thats really what it is anymore considering Viacom owns it now). I find myself listening to Mtv more now cause even the latest punk rock group is more interesting and unique than the latest crunk sensation. It makes me think "where the hell will Hip Hop be in the next 10 or 20 years. What do ya'll think??

Half of yall doing all that hating are basing your opinions on that one song you hear 24/7 on the radio, or video, I like whole albums, if you haven't listened to a whole album don't comment on the artists you are being ignorant, i've heard people on this site say 36 suck come on man they make some of the best records out, I think it's more jealousy than anything, or racism!!!!
Let me ask you a question, did you cop the lil scrappy, trillville album, or the New 36 mafia, stop hating, buy and support those artists you like if not turn the freaking t.v. that's what i do, buy some dvds with the videos you want to see, or go to the show with your lil camcorder and make your own!

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
don't sit here writing messages on a chat forum about we have done that before get the in the studio improve urself coz we all need to otherwise we wouldn't be on here and get yourself in a position where you can do sumthing about it !

I wish but until I can start working from home, I can't exactly get into the studio til after five... Damn!! But I think you are right about the approach people should take.

As far as the topic goes, it's all been said before and some people in this thread have already repped correct...

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
def1nition said:
I give hip-hop about 6-10 more years in the mainstream a lot of the mainstream Rap is club music there's more focus on a simplistic track and a hook than anything. You have Dancehall becoming popular I think soon there will be no need for verses all that will be needed is a hook and a danceable simplistic track. The industry will realize if they call what's happening something different they can sell more albums and they'll decide to make up a ne genre. I don't see hip-hop going anywhere anytime soon but it's days as a popular music I think are numbered it's moving in two directions and the different sides are beggining to sound less amd less like eachother.

amen to that brother, but a lot of dancehall uses the same riddims or it's like lets see who can freak this track the best, so one song ends up being 10 by 10 different artists!! To me reggae producers are not very creative!!! but I didn't say I didn't like the shit!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Let hiphop prospects remain undefined, at least then the future's progressive for what the development concerns.

I think the likes of Mtv keep the audience retarded, what they offer is too selective and nothing special when you consider the amount of available music around, mainstream or not. There's simply no choice given other than the crap they want to brainwash you with, just like having to choose only between Bush or Kerry. Obviously one's better than the other but to only have 2 options makes a shitty contrast. So watching/knowing what's on mtv means jack shit and if people believe that's hiphop then they're in a limited point of view of what's available and r kept retarded... But it's products they're pushing through, not music.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
DEPENDS oN WHAT HE SMoKiN, HE CoULD SMoKE 5 BLUNTS oF SoME GARBAGE, NoT GET HiGH AND THEN WANNA KiLL SoMEBoDY.THERES ALWAYS A VARiABLE.