The fans deserve better

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This shit is SO true. He's on the money with this subject. The whole auto tune thing has got to stop. At first it was to just spice up the vocals with a cool effect (even though I still hated how it sounded), but now it's used for everything all the time. It's ridiculous.

Check it out:

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
The same could be said about the talk box in West Coast rap
The same could also be said about the 808 drum kit that's been played out for the 2nd time in hip hop history

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206

There's quite a lot of soul in rap nowadays, just gotta know where to find it ;)

true, but thats not whats playing on the mainstream media, no disrespect to joe budden or slaughterhouse but that isnt soul hip hop music. Not how i remember it at least. A good example of soul hip hop that never got the attention it deserves?

Now, the reason why I said this is soul hip hop is because the production is actually made by a band, with actual instruments, that actually record what they play. so everything you hear has been rehearsed a lot of times and that takes a lot of knowledge and talent to make it sound like this. not to mention time and hardwork. which defines real music.

The topic was about music being made not the songs that come out. Or for that matter, dont. The point is that music made nowadays takes less time and attention that nobody ever strives for perfection anymore. Why? Because of the presence of midi controllers and computers available at anyones disposal. So anyone can make music without actually learning the true essence of why people make music. Which in my opinion kills music, And thats in general, meaning, every music genre if it is made this way.

;)

BlackAndYellow

HipHop Enthousiast
okay i get what you mean and I agree with that. But soul music isnt just defined by being able to make music without computers. It's also about adapting to your time, making music in different ways, with instruments, real orchestra's in a studio or with a computer. You cant simply say: soul music is only made by real instruments. That's not how you adapt with time. Am i right? :)

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
you have a point but far from the topic at hand. when you say adapting to time that means to embrace change if you look up soul, jazz and hip hop, and if you listen to them enough youd be able to see that its all about being different than the next one and that they all have a different style, taste and play. they didnt adapt, they moved against whats popular.

I just dont see that in todays music. everything is almost identical to the next.
and i think thats because we use the same methods.
and we still have life sucking vampires that control the industry. :rolleyes:

just voicing out opinions bro, didnt mean to come at you like that. :D

peace! ;)

BlackAndYellow

HipHop Enthousiast
haha its alright bro I get what you mean. Maybe what i said was a little off topic, felt like it had something to do with it though. I see your point and I agree, most of it really sounds the same. Which is what makes me dislike YMCMB, I mean that group is just 1 big juke imo. All about money and fame and what ever they're saying constantly..

maybe somebody should step up the pace and create something new, new materials and something... unique. I guess it's up to us to inspire them to go beyond their limits and make them think outside the box and create something amazing. Without auto-tune and computerised beats.

Amazing =D

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
It depends on the audience. Kids today don't know what the "old days were like" and nobody gives a fuck. It was like Nirvana, all the old school dudes said that Kurt Cobain couldn't sing or play guitar, but the new generation didn't give a fuck.

Same with this issue. Kids don't know better these days and don't give a fuck. If the product sells, it sells. That's what people give a shit about.

All the old cats need to evolve or die. Or at least change shit.

members online