The demise of Hip-Hop by Eurydice

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"can someone please post alink, i cant find it"

damn i laughed so hard at this.

like, a little kid looking for his moms at the swapmeet. i saw this sad look on his face, about to cry...

lol

you find it yet bastard?

T

The Bastard

Cold Truth said:
"can someone please post alink, i cant find it"

damn i laughed so hard at this.

like, a little kid looking for his moms at the swapmeet. i saw this sad look on his face, about to cry...

lol

you find it yet bastard?
yeah i found it. and i would never look for my mom at a swapmeet. cuz i dont know what a swapmeet is. acehole!

T

The Bastard

Cold Truth said:
lol, never heard of a swapmeet? man, you need to come to cali for a weekend!
what do u do there swap trading cards and pogs?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
its like....

its basically a ghetto mall.

bootlegs, hats, clothes, stereos, jewelry, etc., its got everything, but at ghetto prices!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
i vehemently disagree with that article.

why?

everyone said the same thing about hip hop when it first started. it was a disgrace; it wasnt "Real" music. they said the same things when rock came into play. every generation seems to despise the new generation that comes along. i dont like a LOT of what is out today, but at the same time its really just nostalgia kicking in, clamoring for the "good ol days" the same as eevry geenration befor eme does.

the same way we decry the current trends, our parents and grandparents yelled about our "noise" and still do. like it or not, it is the very same attitude that this generation has, simply because it isnt what they grew up on.

I agree with you on this for the most part...I also think that hip hop will eventually dieout (metaphorically speaking) and be reborn again fresher than ever! (a Hip Hop apocalypse so to speak) If you think about it, the seeds have already been planted....Hip hop is getting just about as shallow and comercial as it's going to get (McDonald's is startin to recruit MC's to rap about Big Mac's!!) and I seriously believe that Crunk music is the musical incarnation of the anti-christ!

T

The Bastard

Cold Truth said:
its like....

its basically a ghetto mall.

bootlegs, hats, clothes, stereos, jewelry, etc., its got everything, but at ghetto prices!

OH ARIGHT,WE CALL THOSE ''DIRT MALLS'' AROUND HERE . TYPE OF PLACE THAT SELLS PICTURES OF THE VIRGIN MARY ON A PSYCHADELIC LIT UP TWIRLING BACKGROUND.